április 02, 2007

a reply to Beth and IllMan

I thought I'd make a separate entry for replying your concerns.
It's not that I'd want to make excuses, nor that I'd want to defend myself.
I try to make it as short as possible.

I agree that teachers are responsible for their kids while they are at school. Anything might happen as kids often tease each other to do various and sometimes dangerous activities. Sometimes kids do things for showing how skillfull they are. I assume the 'dare you do it' effect plays also a very important role in most of these events. They might push each other into doing things they would not do otherwise.
And here comes my part.
I as a mother, do not feel biased in knowing my son. For most of his time he is with me. For most of his time he doesn't want and can't do things without some parent's assistance. He's not handicapped in a physical way, but he gets bored easily and needs a lot of guidance through the various aspects of life. He is interested in a lot of things. Provided that he can have his own way, he'd choose playing/talking with his parents over playing alone. And even if he's playing alone, one of his ears is always with us. We have a small house so there's no hiding (in any way) possible.
Furthermore, he always play safe. He's 10 and I have never ever witnessed him doing anything out of virtue. Whatever he does, he strives for safety. If something blocks him, he gives up and retreats. Plus, he's never been seen panicking. Had he been stucked in between the bars, for instance, he would have stayed calm and waited for some assistance to come.
I am a 100% sure of what I have written about him.
At the same time, had it been any other child, including my daughter, the situation would have seemed really dangerous. Had I heard of any other child doing the same thing, I would have been caused nightmares.
I'm sorry for making it this long, but I think making it clear was well worth it.

4 megjegyzés:

iLL Man írta...

He sounds like any normal ten year old kid to be honest. He's just testing the boundaries Szelso Fa.

SzélsőFa írta...

You're right at the point. He's been testing the boundaries for 10 years now. His own ones, and his parents' limits, too.
Sometimes I feel he makes me reach mine...
Then I, by some miracle, expand...

Beth írta...

How did I miss this entry? Sorry this is so late. I guess I'm forever playing devil's advocate, but truly and without cheekiness -- no offense was meant!

SzélsőFa írta...

No problem with your being late since as you see, every once in a while I do check BACK.