április 03, 2007

a preface to The Tale of the Crow

***I've been yearning to write a tale for so long. A tale to entertain kids and adults alike.
***This one was conceived during a walk through the forest with Rozi. We were listening to birds and Rozi came up with most of the ideas that were incorporated into the story. The fairies were also coming from her mind. I was just like, interpreting her ideas. I believe she would become a talented writer once she would be able to write :) - but her mind is already full with lots of ideas and characters as of now.
***I started writing the story around 20-21 March and once more, during another walk, we elaborated on the line of events and characters. That was when the Fairies entered the story.
***I started it with great enthusiasm, but somehow my inspiration faded away. I am really not content with the ending. I had an alternative ending with the Crow being extremely desperate and depressed. But I rejected the idea of introducing the notion of suicide into a miraculous story like this. Instead, I opted for a happier ending.
***Also, during writing (which took some weeks), I had a news that somehow depressed me (more about that comes later on) and perhaps this fact/news influenced me in 1) not being inspired and free-spirited in writing anymore 2) wanting to add a sorrowful ending.
***But I hope you like it anyway.
I wrote this preface to make some things clear and to make myself remember to the circumstances of writing.

Nincsenek megjegyzések: