április 23, 2007

Post#250 - did you know?

Although this is not the latest news, this clip makes you think about how really fast our world is. Can we possibly run any faster towards the precipice?
Off with my pessimism.... the music that accompanies the facts is enthralling, I just love it.

11 megjegyzés:

Beth írta...

Crap! It stopped right when it was going to tell me the country with the biggest military, best standard of living, etc. =(

Oh, I added you to my blogroll. I hope you don't mind. It's easier to get to you quickly that way.

SzélsőFa írta...

Mind?
no way.
I am more than thankful.
I'd like to add, you, too.

SzélsőFa írta...

I re-watched it and had no problem at all... strange...
Anyone else experiencing a sudden halt?

Scott írta...

Hi, I've seen you on Schprock's and Beth's blogs. That was a cool presentation. Very interesting. Some thoughts that flashed through my head: Maybe China has more honor students than we have students, but they also have more dropouts and poor than we probably have in our entire population. It's all in how the presentation is slanted and the point it wishes to make. We are pummeled nightly with political polls that do the same kind of thing. I love that bit about England in 1900.

I know it all seems bleak, but I have to believe in the tenacity of the human spirit. Societies fail, but that is where it ends up eventually. In the mean time, there is much to celebrate as well as to lament. I have to believe that we will keep moving on. We'll have some bad times, and we'll ruffle some feathers, but not all things are as bad as they seem.

Névtelen írta...

All that information, no WONDER I'm overwhelmed! Seriously, it does seem as if life is surging ahead, each year a little faster than the last, I can't keep on top of technology enough to know what the latest "thing" is out there, and personally I'm beginning to not care about it!

Thanks for sharing that with me, certainly does seems at times that we are witnessing the fall of the USA. Makes me wonder WHERE I will be when it happens...

By the way, the song is "Promontory" from the movie soundtrack of "The Last Of The Mohicans" by Randy Edelman and Trevor Jones from the 1990s. Fitting song considering the content of the short video clip here. Didn't have any trouble playing it either...

Thanks!

SzélsőFa írta...

Hello Scott
thanks for coming over to the forest and commenting. Have fun exploring what you find here...I'll be checking your site, too.
The England bit was really surprising, wasn't it?
And I also believe in the tenacity of mankind. Only it makes me pessimisic.

SzélsőFa írta...

Hello Bruce,
You two'd better be far and far away from any civilized place when it happens, if it happens.

Y'mean Promontory point where the railway lines met?
What a great point of history (literally speaking) for many, what a shock to many other...

onlyjokinglasse írta...

Hi SzélsőFa,
this video was very interesting and I took the liberty to install it onto my own blog, too. Thank you.

SzélsőFa írta...

My pleasure and thanks for the visit.
It makes one thinking, isn't it?

onlyjokinglasse írta...

Yeah. And it's nice to be born in Finland. Only some five million people can be more clever than myself...

SzélsőFa írta...

relativity, heh?