I'm working on a conscioussness-raising evening about environmental issues. It will be held on 25 April by a women's group, called 'Regina'. This means that the target audience is composed of present or future mothers, those who work and those who have small children at home.
This little rambling here hopefully helps me to gather my thoughts and redirect my ever-wandering mind to the topic.
This event is one piece of the series the Regina organizes this year. Each month, a certain disabled or disadvantaged group is targeted. The first month was about the countryside and the hardship pheasants or generally, people living in the countryside feel and experience. I did not attend that evening, though. The March evening was about women - what roles do we have, what are the prejudices connected with each role. The April event is about 'environmentalist' in general.
Well, yes, I feel being an environmentalist makes me quite disabled, too. At least in the eye of those who feel obeying some laws and restricting ourselves is a disadvantage.
A week or so ago I saw the film by Al Gore called 'The Inconvenient Truth'. At home we have the 'Day After Tomorrow' on CD.
I'm thinking of the Ten Indian Commandments to incorporate into the speech and also some fine poetry by Reményik Sándor. (Poor Wikipedia dear, this time I so disagree with your emphasizing how not indian this might be. How confusinig this compilation of wise words might be for those who seek real indian traditions. Oh, yes of course. But for those who seek wisdom and disregard its source your punctuality might be deterring...)
At the same time this project is not to call attention for the need to become more conscious about the environment. I take this as granted. Do you, too?
So this event is about ....
a single person's responsibilities and duties?
the conditions and/or activities of the environmentally concerned activists and/or organizations?
the role of parents and/or institutions?
the state our environment is in at the moment? (who am I to detail and display that, anyway?)
the need for more action towards a healthier and more sustainable living? (C'mon you all mothers, just let your cars outside and start walking home?)
suggestions as to the methods of survival once it all crashes and there will be no environment to take care about? (am I to act like a nasty prophet?)
I think if I had the answer to that I'd be better off.
Your ideas?
Either about this green project OR about buying a Canon PowerShot 460. Or both.
4 megjegyzés:
Good luck on the environmental project. This is an area where it seems there can not be enough attention. We all know things are bad. And yet, so few people attempt to do even the smallest things differently.
As for cameras, every one I've owned was a Canon Powershot of some variety. I just like Canon for ease of use and great photos.
Wow, Em, thanks for commenting on both topics.
This is what I wish to tackle: the respoonsibility of the single person. Which is so easy to despise and put away.
the Canon? thanks. I have to watch the family budget as well. I just can not buy an expensive one - yet I want high quality.
I thinl it is very impotant project. I try to post about my enviromental project in my familly someday.
But I'm busy and lazy, so I spend water and electricity. Old Japanese were poor. But they knew that they save nature.
Yes, the people of old times used much less of the resources (water for example).
But the everyday people can do something to save the environment.
Megjegyzés küldése