This entry should not in any way be considered as a scientific source of information in this subject. I am not a therapist! I was and still am a subject of this kind of therapy, though. That's why I'm writing this, mainly for one of my friends has asked me about it. This entry is based on my experiences.What makes one undergo such a therapy?
Why do you seek professional help? Let's not discuss it here. Why did I choose this particular therapy? There have been great reflections on this kind of therapy within my greater family: They told me how effective it was, how everything went right so I felt comfortable with going to check for myself.
I also choose this b/c I do not really believe in modern psychiatry. When giving drugs is the only alternative (I'm making it too plain, I know) that is simply not a solution for me. Not an intelligent one at that.
I chose this b/c I believe in its deeper explanations.
What's the idea behind?
1. The things you do, experience by senses and otherwise, peoples and events - they do not leave you unaffected. The consequences are sometimes easy to detect sometimes more subtle.
2. When you find the root of a problem deep within, you yourself will be able to notice and detect it. The solution is within you but of course, you must cooperate. Surprisingly or not, your deep inner self is more often than not strives to lead a happy and fulfilling life. One that leads to the right development. The solution you find should and will come from yourself and from yourself alone, b/c one is able to heal him/herself.
3. We all have our deep opinion about things, ourselves, the way we act in certain situations, various people and facts, and so on. This opinion within us is not always clearly known even for ourselves. No matter how deep we try to hide, it's there. And can be shown with careful examination. Basic instincts, deep beliefs can be turned to the outside. Surprising but real facts.
4. It is not suitable for those who can not think beyond the restrictions of our humanly bodies. It does involve some spiritualism.
What do you do once you're there?
You come up with a problem and the therapist tries to find the reason. When and what went wrong? What happened? What impedes you from achieving this, understanding that and so on?
The therapist than tests your reaction. S/he may give you certain things. I've tried 4 therapists and they all had different methods. One operates with cards like a tarot card and together with the patient s/he describes the meaning. One gives Bach flower droplets to heal the 'wounds'. You might want to google on those homeopathic essences somewhere. My knowledge is limited. One combines more methods at a time, according to the patient's special need. Others work other ways. The method is always tested by the therapist.
The testing is based on a simple method. It is so simple that many people question its validity or credibility. For me, there are no questions regarding its being correct, but people are different. It goes like this. If you believe a statement to be true your muscles are firm. 'You stand out for your rights'. Disagreement on the other hand, implies withdrawal, rejection. Your muscles are released, loose. Most therapists use the arm or hand muscles.
When the solution is found you'll be given mantras (repetitive words or sentences) to keep you remember to develop yourself.
Any questions? Go ahead in the comments section.
2 megjegyzés:
I'm not sure I understood everything. Which therapist do you use now? And why is it called 'kinesiology'? Is it very expensive?
Hi Anniina,
Thanks for reading through my somehow inaccurate description.
Now let me answer your questions:
1.Which therapist do you use now?
For various reasons I use my third one. One went off due to childbirth, for example... So the present one, just like the others uses various treatments and mainly the Bach drops. He is a man, a well-respected therapist in this field. All Hungarian kinesiology therapists have taken courses from him.
2. And why is it called 'kinesiology'?
I think it's because it's related to muscles and movement.
3. Is it very expensive?
Yes and no. In a sense yes, but if it helps you out of a big problem nothing is too expensive. Conventional medicines are expensive, too. But they have those nasty and unwanted side-effects. This might not help ALWAYS to EVERYONE, but every session provides you an insight and a possible solution. That makes worth it, I think.
Megjegyzés küldése