As yesterday I was getting a lot better (physically speaking, of course) I decided to have a walk and headed for the nearby tesco. Now the word 'nearby' might refer to someting within a 15-minutes' reach, but hell no, this was a bit further away. First of all I guarded my almost 7-yo daughter to the kindergarten. Our way, as always, went through two meadows and a little forest. The frozen grass and fallen leaves sparkled in the faint Sunlight. In the morning frost I came to the conclusion that a little bit of exercise would not hurt me that much and also, I have to buy this and that so there I'm going. I crossed the town, as the named object is at the opposite end of it. From our little house I passed by little houses, then went accross the forest and then I saw larger houses, commnity buildings, railway lines, a bus station, large houses and small houses again until the very end - there we have it, the dreamland of all frustrated women: tesco.
Which of us would reject the idea of buying something when it does raise the level of those little hormones that make us a bit happier? A sort of false happyness, I know, but sometimes all that it takes to make us more cooperative and less depressed is a little bit of spending a larger bit of money. It was not a spending spree at all, though. I bought what I really wanted. With a pre-written list in my hand I was heading for certain sections of the shop. Wondering through the aisles I did picked one or two items that were not originally on my list. But who could resist a wonderful, non-coloured plasticine for example, when your kids are so found of forming the dough? Who would? Would you? And how about those kitchen clothes that you use for drying your hands after some kitchen-related job. You know the clothes that always hang here and there around and you do not seem to have enough of them. And there you have it in Indian quality and what a nice chequered pattern. It is actually not really beautiful, but they serve the purpose well. And they are cheap. Really so. There I went, picking up two of them, a red and a green one. And I went off in search of dried lentils, and some other trivia.
At the end of the line, when the cashier was pulling the items over the infra-red checker she asked me if I was buying two of these clothes or not. I was wondering at the meaning of this question. Can not this woman count, for God's sake? There's a green one and a red one. that makes like, two. But I was not a bit more surprised when she had problems with the camambert cheese. She looked into my face with those dreamy eyes and told me she was unable to check the cheese for it had no code on it. I bowed the inevitable and accepted the tesco having its way. Oh.
And if you're wondering how did I get home with my backpack, which became heavily packed by the end of this little shopping, well... I met someone and she took me home. So instead of walking another 5 kms I was just plain lazy in the front seat.
I'm still happy that she (the friend) did not carry me towards the tesco, however. I like walking and recuperation can involve a bit of an easy excercise as well.
End of story: at home, after sorting out things to the bathroom, kitchen, storage room etc. I noticed that the bunch of kitchen clothes feel somehow too thick. I lifted them only to find that of what I thought were two were four instead. I'm sorry tesco. Ok, not really.
4 megjegyzés:
I have red checkered kitchen towels, too! And you know what, Tesco can afford it since a) it was their mistake and b) it was their fault you didn't get your Camembert. I'm gonna come visit you one of these years - sounds like a really nice place where you live :)
I also think tesco deserved that allright :))
And do come, it is a nice place.
I had such a craving for camembert after reading your post. I am buying a huge piece today, for sure!
Bon appetite!
I also love camembert!
Megjegyzés küldése