január 21, 2007

Weekend report

Part One:
War of Fortresses.
I lost. What else did you expect, really? 10 yo boys are brilliant at building and protecting fortresses - not meaning that they are bad at aiming guns and handling artillery in general. Not at all. They excel in those areas, too.
Part Two:
Saturday Meeting of Great Brains.
(the title of the event is given by me, although my-not-much-of-a-genius entity was present as well. But I don't matter much.)
My part: I cooked a meat soup (using a young rooster and lots of organic vegetables). I also brought some candles to represent the spiritual fire among the people. My active part sort of ended along these things.... I was in the same room with people whose books I read. What else can one possibly say? They discussed and talked about various things and I listened like a sponge. Wait, how exactly does a sponge listen? Nevermind.
My husband, who sometimes keeps lectures on similar issues was also so overwhelmed by the sensation that we were hardly able to sleep afterwards. We left the place a bit tired at 7pm, but were unable to fall asleep until 1,30 am in Sunday.
Part Three:
The butcheress
(tell me right if there's no such a word. And anyway, please correct my grammatical mistakes. I have to tell you though that I'm so in love with the word 'butcheress' that you've gotta have some serious reasoning to put me off.)
Earlier I had to slaughter some of our hens - some due to a predator's visit in December, some due to a sudden illness and so on. Those animals were somehow sick or misfitted into the bunch of our healthy flock. Now this rooster was old, but physically healthy. I had to say some prayers to relax my own nerves. But keeping animals for eating does involve some slaughter here and there. Take it or leave it. I had to accommodate to this and I did so. For the sake of the weak-hearted let's not get into more details, shall we?
Part Four:
Sleeping
What?
I fell asleep at 1,30 am and was awake by 4,30 to handle that little job with the rooster.

Nincsenek megjegyzések: