január 19, 2007

weekend forecast

Castle fight, cannonade. The aim is to kill all of the enemy's soldiers within its castle.
(photo was made on November 25, 2005.) Now the old flame has not perished: my kids love building and decorating wooden fortresses of various kinds just as much as they did one and a half years ago. We have tonnes of wooden particles and those millions of plastic animals serve as soldiers, commandants, artillerists and beautiful mademoiselles.
This is my basic forecast for this weekend.
Apart from the fight, there will be a big meeting of same minded people, a gathering, if you please, where we discuss various themes. It is rather an informal meeting, where we talk about Hungarian history, old religion and the things we do nowadays.
And on Sunday, we are going to buy a new rooster for our hens, as we want to replace the old one. Unfortunately I can not document it with photos, not yet. The old rooster is a Japanese one and it has to go. It will make a nice paprika stew. So, besides hosting the event and loading cannons in the war of fortresses I will also be the butcheress of the Japanese rooster.

2 megjegyzés:

Névtelen írta...

Okay, that's... I don't think I could do it. So tell us about "old religion" what does that mean for Hungary?

SzélsőFa írta...

Yeah, I thought the mere mentioning of killing an animal on purpose would rise some hackles here and there....

I will post something about the old religion but before that happens I suggest you read my entries around 20 August 2006.
That's where I write something about it. I myself have to re-read and re-think it before writing another entry. Thanks.