január 29, 2007

liberalism - what did you say what?

LanternLight might not really like my not letting go hold of some madman (?!?) and he might also dislike this entry, but I still don't see why was this fellow banned from boarding. Was it the cynicism? The 'bravery' to criticize someone who's at the very top? The political side of his views? Sorry, but do please throw some light on this matter. If I were an airport security officer I would laughed at him and let him go. He's crazy, we're all crazy, so what.
The above text is a copy of the comment I made over LanternLight's blog.
Your turn:
So what?

7 megjegyzés:

Névtelen írta...

Oh how wonderful! I am going to have to come back and answer this one for you... time isn't my friend this morning!

I suspect that you (like me) are a true lefty - and you have simply read the views of the righties...

If you get the time take this quiz so we can really see?

http://www.ozpolitics.info/blog/index.php?page_id=206

Another consideration is that Australians have a "tall poppy syndrome" which means that anyone drawing attention to themselves in whatever way .. is likely to attract strong critisism.

SzélsőFa írta...

Hi Melly, I will surely do this test, as BEHOLD! SOMEONE'S CMOING OUT!! in my country my views are considered ultra-right, yes, yes, but as we all have to know, definitions do not really match their original meaning.
The 'tall poppy syndrome' is quite common I assume everywhere...
But here in Hungary strange things or opinions only attract criticism if they are coming from the extreme right side...
See my entries around 23 October, when the *so called national* police has beaten innocent people till they were bleeding simply b/c they carried our national flag. And so on.
I'm already thinking of making arrangements for our next bank holiday (15 March) in case I will be locked up in a prison for carrying the flag at the celebration.

SzélsőFa írta...

I turned out to be Centre-Left, which MIGHT indicate that this test does not f@ck up definitions.

Névtelen írta...

Szélső Fa,

Well golly, the test said I was a righty.

The thing that truly annoyed me about Allen Jasson was not the t-shirt, but the blatant stunt involved in getting media attention ... twice ...

SzélsőFa írta...

This Blogger messes up with people. Melly's and LanterLight's comments come out as being anonymous ones. Arrrgh.

Melly` írta...

Lol - I hated the change over too... so many times I would type big comments - and then couldnt sign in? Let's see what happens now.

SzélsőFa írta...

This time it gest your name out right.