UPDATE: Thanks Blogger's new version, thank you so very much. I can not make comment on my own site. Congrats, really. I hope it is a temporary thing - and anyway, it is free and what the heck can I do? So. I. Am. Content. I. L.O.V.E. Blogger. I do.
For a more serious update:
For a more serious update:
The first poemlet in this entry was inspired by a walk in the nearby forest. I love it to bits - the forest and the thing I wrote just equally :) The second one however, comes from somewhere deeper within. I feel that it has always been within me and that it is not the first and never near the last version of my verbalization of that feeling behind. For me it is clear that this time the song Barefoot evoke it. I also feel that it is not complete and not mature yet - but you know how is it with the full moon.... No, I'm not turning into a werewolf, thankyouverymuch. Hee-hee.
The hunter
the light's sliding down on the skin of trees
sharp shadows creep into the forest
the air settles into stillness
heartthrobs within awake me
doo-thump doo-thump-thump
dusk sets in among the barks
I feel hunger
gut evokes blood
vein urges muscles
my feet start to stir
and I rise quietly
heartthrobs within
doo-thump doo-thump-thump
the hunter has arisen
and off I go for another prey
in the deep
doo-thump doo-thump-thump
---
this is K.D. Lang singing Barefoot - the clip version.
---
The calling
I was lying comfortably after a good dinner
My body relaxed I watched around and blinked
I felt the stillness and peace of the night
And I felt prepared for the long rest
When in the blankness a calling is what I heard
a howling from behind the dense backwoods
I know I must be up and go
So I stretch my legs, sway my body with care
And start my path among the bushes towards the meadow to see
where the noise comes from
The trees unfold to let me pass
And the light gets ever stronger from above
From time to time I inhale the scent of the track
to see how far can I get, but it tells me it's all safe
So I gallop past the last few shrubs over the edge
to finally I reach where I was headed for
the open field is floating with glee
I find the source of light, a silver beam finds me too -
I sit on the ground to join my fellows
My body relaxed I watched around and blinked
I felt the stillness and peace of the night
And I felt prepared for the long rest
When in the blankness a calling is what I heard
a howling from behind the dense backwoods
I know I must be up and go
So I stretch my legs, sway my body with care
And start my path among the bushes towards the meadow to see
where the noise comes from
The trees unfold to let me pass
And the light gets ever stronger from above
From time to time I inhale the scent of the track
to see how far can I get, but it tells me it's all safe
So I gallop past the last few shrubs over the edge
to finally I reach where I was headed for
the open field is floating with glee
I find the source of light, a silver beam finds me too -
I sit on the ground to join my fellows
4 megjegyzés:
It works! "sliding down on the skin of trees" is a fabulous image - and it sounds slippery in the mouth. Love it.
I love k.d.lang - my first exposure to her was watching a Roy Orbison tribute. There she was, a little woman on a big stage, singing the song of her friend, who had recently passed away. It was as if she was going to collapse from grief on stage. The song was 'Crying' - to this day it is the most powerful performance of a piece of music I've ever witnessed.
YouTube had the clip last year, but it's now disappeared. If I ever run across it again, I'll let you know. None of the other performances k.d. has made of it since come close, although still great.
Hello, I can comment, wow.
I was looking for kd lang's Crying over YouTube and I found her duet with Roy Orbison and when a couple's doing its iceskate program for it, but there the quality is llow.
One more thing came into my mind: Crying does not seem to 'work on me' as much as it used to like, a decade ago. The song does not influence me as much somehow.
One of my favourites are this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVAY_mmk5sU
the Hallelujah that starts from the 5th minute.
I like how humble, withheld and precise she is. A great artist, she is.
Megjegyzés küldése