Topic 1. - February 14.
partly because it is not a tradition in the culture where I grew up and partly because today it is creeping into our world as well, just along with many other, sometimes uselesess crap.
I reckon the day of tomorrow as another opportunity installed by the media into our slow-paced, love-filled normalcy as a reason for spending money and substitute real feelings and affection with artificial and non-wanted objects. Fakeness disgusts me.
I'm completely aware that showing our caring and love is essential in a relationship. Surprising the loved one with idle items, sweets and other delicacies might be something s/he just needs every now and then. But it should not be restricted to one *special* day. Love and show love whenever you can. Some people spend vast amounts of hardly-earned cash on presents for Christmas for someone in the family they do not really like. They buy presents b/c it is the habit. I am against that - and I have also written something similar during Christmas time.
Topic 2. - The Matra Hills
We had a day's hike in the nearby
Matra Hills. We joined the group of parents and kids of the local Waldorf school. Some of you might remember that my son has been there for 1 and a half years and we keep the connections alive. We usually go to their hiking tours and visit the special occasions they have in the school.
The photos are of 2006, as I have no digital camera at the moment. Enjoy!
Last year, the tour was on 6 March. We had lots of snow. On Saturday there were patches of snow on the Northern slopes, but nothing serious.

This is Rozi, lying in the snow. She would have enjoyed it this year, too.

There are pines near the peak, otherwise it's mainly oak and fir. The Matra is of volcanic origin. There are many villages, which mainly function as health and recreation resorts.

This is the main radio (and tv) transmitter of our country. It s funny how the clouds run behind the station and make the pole leaning towards the onlooker. It is not leaning towards anything of course as it is standing still, but the look gives you this strange feeling.
This is the Southern slope of the hill. It was our destination this Saturday and while the parents enjoyed a well-deserved hot soup in the small restaurant near the peak, the kids played sliding on the ice-covered slope.

This is the official highest point called Kékes. This is also the highest peak of the present Hungary is located in the Matra Hills. It measures 1014 metres. The link on the word 'present' takes the interested kind reader to a Hungarian page about Trianon. I've made this link so as not to forget about this shameful event that tore our many-thousand land apart. Ok, back, from politics - the final picture shows the Northern slope of the Kékes.
Hope you liked it!
Topic 3. My son is back again. For a few days or for more. For home-schooling again? Who knows? We are headed for another kinesiology session I assume. Either way - probably less time for blogging. Take care!
6 megjegyzés:
Is that tomorrow? Must remember not to wash and brush my teeth with garlic ;D
Ah, yes, I was (not) speaking of that day, yeah.
Your country is very beautiful.
I think your daughter's smile is similar my yonger son's. LOL
Loved the pictures. Thanks for posting them.
I celebrate all holidays, but I be sure to show love and gratitude and a present or two all year round.
In Finland, it's celebrated as "Friend's Day" - so happy Friend's Day to you! *Hugs a tree*
Lucy,
thank you, it is. And I like how you on your site show much of the beauty of Japan, too.
Beth,
I'm glad you liked them.
Yes, it is important to show all year round not just on a specific day, with 'teeth held tight'.
Anniina,
allright then, I'll accept the hug. *shakes its leaves impishly*
Megjegyzés küldése