február 07, 2007

Rozi and the world of stones

Above is a photo of my 7-yo daughter, who, using a flashlight is seeking to find interesting stones and rock formations. She turns 7 on March 25. As I wrote earlier, we visited two of the Budapest caves in January, 2007. Rozi (pronounce as you would say Rosy) enjoyed the first cave so much (she was tired by the time we reached the second) that seh kept running back and forth, lightening the walls every here and there and showing me, and to anyone around all the things she had just found. She was overpleased with just about anything that came into her sight. I love how easily she finds beauty whenever she goes, wherever she sets her eyes on. This disposition of hers is one of the things I adore about her. I wish I could be just as easygoing as she is...
Here, for example, she's pointing at a bright red stone beneath some other nondescript stones. For her of course, those were not *boring, or average ones*. She found them just as equally nice as she liked the red one.
This is a group of 'interestingly white stones' she found behind a larger stone beside the path.
This photo depicts the second cave (The cave of Pal valley, Pálvölgyi barlang), where there is a widening in the path as the stones inside are forming curves. The light comes from a certain point and Rozi soon discovered that she could play with the shadows. She became a dwarf of the cave within a wink of an eye and she began walking with bended back, hands up and curved - and she enjoyed the shadows she'd just created. The second photo shows that she bent her legs, too.
And on the last photo (made in the first cave - Szemlőhegyi barlang, the cave of the Szemlő hill) there are calcite formations that associate layers of other rocks. It looks just like a big zipper that seemingly pulls two sides of solid rock together. It is not a really good picture, the zipper is in the middle, a greyish-white vertical composition between the greenish stones. Trust me it looks better in reality.

Now, I'm off to work so as not to disappoint one of my friends - *winks into (?) PA*

And, there will be more of my photos of the caves. I hope you'll like them. Until that, you might watch some very good photos at the above links.

3 megjegyzés:

keda írta...

how beautiful! what a wonderful little girl. you made me smile too now :)

i saw you were looking for expressions for pregnancy and i know quite a few in english.. do you want them here or should i email?

Anniina írta...

Nice post! And a gold star and ten points for working :)

SzélsőFa írta...

Hello Keda,
Yes, she is a nice little girl :)
Pregnancy expressions:
yes, please. Either here or over email. As long as they come I am thankful.

Anniina,
I'm glad you liked it and yes, I winked over to you :)