today I had a bad morning in the new job. I seriously questioned whether this kind of job is the one I'm longing for. Money is just face of the thing. I need money - who does not? But at what price? I became so frustrated and angry, too. On top of all, I kind of promised my little Rozi to be present at her swimming lesson at the pool - just as I did a week ago. She's afraid of swimming in the water, which is a bit cold and is past over her height. She's only 7. She needs encouragement. Her mother can't give it to her b/c her mother wants money and this is the job that is available at the moment. When I have translation jobs, I can fit almost anything into my days. I take my time. But this job requires that I spend certain times of the week in front of the computer. Not when I want to, but when I have to. And I hate restrictions. Or, rather put it another way: I hate when I can't feel the necessity of a restriction. Am I to do this job at all?
I have done something similar for three years. Was not that enough? Do I still have to? It feels like I'm returning to somewhere, to a state, to circumstances I've already left behind. I don't feel the need to re-run the sameness of a similar job, similar tasks. I feel confined.
Below is KDLang's 'Riding the rail' - and a compilation of a pictures of a family holiday somewhere in the USA. Hope you enjoy it, too. Her voice is flawlees in any kind of music.
My fav lines are: 'sixty seconds is all I stay' - ' only thing I'm scared of is standing still'
Sometimes I feel like this. Moving, and moving at all costs. No matter where and why - just go, just to be away.
My fav lines are: 'sixty seconds is all I stay' - '
Sometimes I feel like this. Moving, and moving at all costs. No matter where and why - just go, just to be away.
6 megjegyzés:
Money is always quite the motivator. I noticed my husband and I stopped having money problems when we stopped solely caring about the amount or "if we had enough to just pay this." Instead, he looked for a job that gave him more time with us and treated their employers well. Is it possible you're focusing so much on one part of the equation that the bigger picture is getting lost? Like, "I just need enough to pay this week's bills" and then that's all you get -- week to week living. Just brainstorming. I don't think anything is more emotionally draining than trying to get out of financial peril. I remember days of despair and many sleepless nights.
Hello Beth,
thanks for the visit.
No, I'm absolutely not the type that puts everything aside for the sake of more money or 'to pay the bills' - I believe that a job must be fulfilling in the first place. Money issues may come second or third...
That's why I'm confused. I had a similar job for 3 years and it was an interesting experience. I don't feel I need to go under the same thing again. I'm not the type that masters things over and over again (unless it REALLY, REALLY buggers me), no I'm not that. I do everything once - strive to perfection, of course, but doing the very same thing again? No.
I feel now sick.
Why did I choose the job? The fact is I did not choose it. The boss came over and took me granted. And I did not say no for reasons unknown for me. And this makes me sick. I was not strong enough.
Great video, and don't let the job get you down too much. We all need to turn a buck, and someday you'll get a job that interests you more. In the meantime, just think how sweet it makes you feel to come home at night. Sanctuary!
Thank you Mr Schprock for the visit.
The problem is that home is the same as my working place. I tele-work via email.
I'm knocked out.
Now, it's your turn.
Arghhh,,, the familiar theme of all mothers. We want the money but we also want to be supportive and interactive parents. I feel for you.. and face the same dilemna every day myself.
P.S We love the photos of the snow... here it is hot as hades!
Mothers of the world...
the more your comments are related to money the more I see that it is NOT important to me very much.
Well, generally speaking. but now, we have our house remodelled and it does take a lot of money. And time. We started it in 2004 and we'd better be finishing it this year.
Megjegyzés küldése