In one of her recent posts, Anniina has a great compilation of various folktales behind the phenomenon called Aurora Borealis, aka the Northern Light. If you need a whole bunch of scientific reasoning AND great photos, visit this.
This photo below below was copied from the page mentioned above. I chose this among the many wonderful images b/c it shows the constellation called 'Orion' as well. In our mythology, Orion is said to portray the ancient hunter, a leader of Hungarians. It is (also) called Nimrod.

If there has to be a spiritual explanation behind the phenomenon, it must surely be that of the Algonquin Indians'. I love that. The rest of the explanations (esp. those that speak of revenge and bad omen....) just can't be real :)))
I am positive that a belief reflects/describes the believer himself.
This is wrote with the intention of NOT hurting anyone practicing ANY faith - I wrote it as an interesting fact I found. People/nations are different in so many ways and so are their beliefs.
Nincsenek megjegyzések:
Megjegyzés küldése