My son came home with the idea of making a bomb by putting baking soda and vinegar into a shell of a Kinder-egg. I was not really surprised. His father used to make various kinds of bombs himself when being a bit tenderer in age - it's up to you to guess whether he (the father) has kept his past activities a secret from his eager son. Yes, the guess was right. He has not.
And so my son made his first bomb - it might be the last one though, he's not really the fighter-type. On a second thought...uhm...maybe... He put the ingredients into the shells, shook them and voilá - they really had sounds, well, not like a bomb, but more like a pop.
After he finished he came back to the kitchen and said one day he would become a terrorist who makes bombs - this is about what he knows about terrorists, anyway. It was me who suggested the idea of becoming an eco-terrorist: were I younger I might likely become one myself.
Below is a picture of him playing with friends in September 2006 - I choose the one blurry photo of this occassion in purpose.
Have you heard of making a bomb with everyday items? Have you made one? Or your kids?
3 megjegyzés:
I know, I know, off topic, but I actually did an art project about the meaning of the word pregnant. In English, it can mean "Having a profusion of ideas: creative or inventive" or "Filled with fraught" or "Weighty or significant: full of meaning" or the obvious "carrying developing offspring within the body." I think it is very interesting that it can mean creative or inventive & filled with fraught - what a metaphor for being pregnant!!
Once, when my mother was learning to speak French, she told a table full of people that she was pregnant rather than that she was full (as in she'd had enough to eat).
I hope I've helped, I'm not sure what you needed...?
When my youngest daughter Jane was about 8 years old.. she downloaded instructrions for making home made bombs off the internet - printed it out and took it to school. Got me in heaps of trouble actually. I used to worry Jane would either be a terrorist or a Nobel Prize winner. She is calming down thankfully.
But yeah - I cant imagine I would mind if she chooses to chain herself to trees or something.
Hello, I've been away for a day's hiking in the Matra hills. More of that later. In another, complete entry.
Dear Bobealia,
that was very helpful. I really was looking for some linguistic approach behind such a simple and everyday word.
Dear Melly,
very intelligent kids can be exhausting and frightening really. Sometimes the parent wonders how will it end AND secretly is proud of her/his excellent kid. A schizophrenic state, really :)
I'm glad we're on a same ground with eco-terrorism :)))
Megjegyzés küldése