.jpg)
The phobias meme.
I marked the phobias I have with an 'x'. This meme comes from somewhere... If you wish to participate, copy the whole thing, clear the x-es and re-mark the fears you are aware of having.
A
[x ] Achluophobia - Fear of darkness. Very mild one.
[ ] Acrophobia - Fear of heights.
[x ] Agliophobia - Fear of pain. I might add: Fear of pointless pain. I gave birth to my daughter without painkillers, but put me into a dentist's chair and I'm a chicken.
[x ] Achluophobia - Fear of darkness. Very mild one.
[ ] Acrophobia - Fear of heights.
[x ] Agliophobia - Fear of pain. I might add: Fear of pointless pain. I gave birth to my daughter without painkillers, but put me into a dentist's chair and I'm a chicken.
[ ] Agoraphobia - Fear of open spaces or crowds.
[ ] Aichmophobia - Fear of needles or pointed objects.
[ ] Amaxophobia - Fear of riding in a car.
[ ] Androphobia - Fear of men.
[ ] Anginophobia - Fear of choking.
[ ] Anthrophobia - Fear of flowers.
[ ] Anthropophobia - Fear of people or society.
[ ] Aphenphosmphobia - Fear of being touched. - although I don't like when people get very close to me. I don't like being patted on the shoulder as a part of a friendly conversation, either. Some friends of mine keep coming closer and closer while we chat. And I keep withdrawing until there's not more space left to retreat. Does that count?
[ ] Arachnophobia - Fear of spiders.
[ ] Arithmophobia - Fear of numbers.
[ ] Astraphobia - Fear of thunder and lightning.
[x] Ataxophobia - Fear of disorder or untidiness. If untidiness goes beyond a certain level I get angry and anxious.
[x ] Atelophobia - Fear of imperfection.
[x] Atychiphobia - Fear of failure.
[ ] Autophobia - Fear of being alone.
B
[ ] Bacteriophobia - Fear of bacteria.
[ ] Barophobia - Fear of gravity.
[ ] Bathmophobia - Fear of stairs or steep slopes.
[ ] Batrachophobia - Fear of amphibians.
[ ] Belonephobia - Fear of pins and needles.
[ ] Bibliophobia - Fear of books.
[ ] Botanophobia - Fear of plants.
C
[ ] Cacophobia - Fear of ugliness.
[ ] Catagelophobia - Fear of being ridiculed.
[ x] Catoptrophobia - Fear of mirrors. We do have mirrors in our house, though. This is probably my strangest fear in the list. I can precisely trace it back to a fantasy film I saw when I was a teenager.
[ ] Chionophobia - Fear of snow.
[ ] Chromophobia - Fear of colors.
[ ] Chronomentrophobia - Fear of clocks.
[ ] Claustrophobia - Fear of confined spaces.
[ ] Coulrophobia - Fear of clowns.
[ ] Cyberphobia - Fear of computers.
[x ] Cynophobia - Fear of dogs. A very mild one. I avoid dogs that are unfamiliar to me.
D
[ ] Dendrophobia - Fear of trees.
[ ] Aichmophobia - Fear of needles or pointed objects.
[ ] Amaxophobia - Fear of riding in a car.
[ ] Androphobia - Fear of men.
[ ] Anginophobia - Fear of choking.
[ ] Anthrophobia - Fear of flowers.
[ ] Anthropophobia - Fear of people or society.
[ ] Aphenphosmphobia - Fear of being touched. - although I don't like when people get very close to me. I don't like being patted on the shoulder as a part of a friendly conversation, either. Some friends of mine keep coming closer and closer while we chat. And I keep withdrawing until there's not more space left to retreat. Does that count?
[ ] Arachnophobia - Fear of spiders.
[ ] Arithmophobia - Fear of numbers.
[ ] Astraphobia - Fear of thunder and lightning.
[x] Ataxophobia - Fear of disorder or untidiness. If untidiness goes beyond a certain level I get angry and anxious.
[x ] Atelophobia - Fear of imperfection.
[x] Atychiphobia - Fear of failure.
[ ] Autophobia - Fear of being alone.
B
[ ] Bacteriophobia - Fear of bacteria.
[ ] Barophobia - Fear of gravity.
[ ] Bathmophobia - Fear of stairs or steep slopes.
[ ] Batrachophobia - Fear of amphibians.
[ ] Belonephobia - Fear of pins and needles.
[ ] Bibliophobia - Fear of books.
[ ] Botanophobia - Fear of plants.
C
[ ] Cacophobia - Fear of ugliness.
[ ] Catagelophobia - Fear of being ridiculed.
[ x] Catoptrophobia - Fear of mirrors. We do have mirrors in our house, though. This is probably my strangest fear in the list. I can precisely trace it back to a fantasy film I saw when I was a teenager.
[ ] Chionophobia - Fear of snow.
[ ] Chromophobia - Fear of colors.
[ ] Chronomentrophobia - Fear of clocks.
[ ] Claustrophobia - Fear of confined spaces.
[ ] Coulrophobia - Fear of clowns.
[ ] Cyberphobia - Fear of computers.
[x ] Cynophobia - Fear of dogs. A very mild one. I avoid dogs that are unfamiliar to me.
D
[ ] Dendrophobia - Fear of trees.
[x ] Dentophobia - Fear of dentists. A severe one.
[ ] Domatophobia - Fear of houses.
[ ] Dystychiphobia - Fear of accidents.
E
[ ] Ecophobia - Fear of the home.
[ ] Elurophobia - Fear of cats.
[x ] Entomophobia - Fear of insects. A very mild one. Only if they are turned upside down.
[ ] Ephebiphobia - Fear of teenagers.
[x ] Equinophobia - Fear of horses. I used to have one. Now I want to do some horseback riding training with my son.
F
[ ] Flo-Beephobia - Fear of vacuum cleaners.
G
[ ] Gamophobia - Fear of marriage.
[ ] Genuphobia - Fear of knees.
[ ] Gephyrophobia - Fear of walking across bridges
] Glossophobia - Fear of speaking in public.
[ ] Gynophobia - Fear of women.
H
[ ] Heliophobia - Fear of the sun.
[ ] Hemophobia - Fear of blood.
[ ] Herpetophobia - Fear of reptiles.
[ ] Homophobia- Fear of homosexuals
] Hydrophobia - Fear of water. I used to have a fear of drowning, though.
I
[x ] Iatrophobia - Fear of doctors. A mild one. They have the knife but not always the knowledge and respect.
K
[ ] Koinoniphobia - Fear of rooms.
L
[ ] Leukophobia - Fear of the color white.
[ ] Lilapsophobia - Fear of tornadoes and hurricanes.
[ ] Lockiophobia - Fear of childbirth.
M
[ ] Mageirocophobia - Fear of cooking.
[ ] Melanophobia - Fear of the color black.
] Microphobia - Fear of small things.
[x ] Mysophobia - Fear of dirt and germs. A moderate one. My husband keeps telling me 'Where do you think we're living in? It's a family house not a hospital for the contagious during a war.' I tell people who enter the house to take their shoes off at the entrance of the rooms. I am that rude with first ime visitors as well. For I can't stand when I put my feet on the hardwood and can feel the scratch of soil underneath. I love soil, though. I really do - but not in the house, please.
N
[ ] Necrophobia - Fear of death or dead things.
[ ] Noctiphobia - Fear of the night
[ ] Nosocomephobia - Fear of hospitals.
O
[x ] Obesophobia - Fear of gaining weight. A very mild one.
[ ] Octophobia - Fear of the figure 8.
[ ] Ombrophobia - Fear of rain.
[ ] Ophidiophobia - Fear of snakes.
] Ornithophobia - Fear of birds.
[ ] Ostroconaphobia - Fear of seafood.
P
[ ] Papyrophobia - Fear of paper.
[ ] Pathophobia - Fear of disease.
[x ] Pedophobia - Fear of children. Well, I admit I feel that some children can be a total disaster.
] Philophobia - Fear of love.
] Phobophobia - Fear of phobias.
[ ] Podophobia - Fear of feet.
[ ] Porphyrophobia - Fear of the color purple.
[ ] Pteridophobia - Fear of ferns.
] Pteromerhanophobia - Fear of flying.
[ ] Pyrophobia - Fear of fire.
S
[ ] Scolionophobia - Fear of school.
[ ] Selenophobia - Fear of the moon.
[ ] Sociophobia - Fear of social evaluation.
[ ] Somniphobia - Fear of sleep.
[ ] Somniphobia - Fear of sleep.
T
[ ] Tachophobia - Fear of speed.
[ ] Technophobia - Fear of technology.
[ ] Tonitrophobia - Fear of thunder.
[ ] Trypanophobia - Fear of injections.
[ ] Tryscadectaphobia- Fear of the number 13.
V
V
[ ] Venustraphobia - Fear of beautiful women.
[ ] Verminophobia - Fear of germs. - that was already covered.
[ ] Wiccaphobia - Fear of witches and witchcraft.
X
[ ] Xenophobia - Fear of strangers or foreigners.
Z
[ ] Zoophobia - Fear of animals.
AND, I have to add some more phobias to the list that I know I have - if you know the Latin for them, please educate me.
(x) Fear of bears. Severe.
(x) Fear of being electrocuted by some household machine or by some other accident. Severe.
5 megjegyzés:
Right there with you on the Aphenphosmphobia one. I have girlfriends who like to hug and kiss. AND I HATE IT. I have given up now - and just tolerate it. Mostly because they find it so funny when I flinch and try to do it again.
wow, Melly, that's another amazing thing we have in common!
And I recall now that yes, some of my girlfriends hug and kiss me on both cheeks and I used to frown inside, but now I think I've got used to it. Perhaps I will get to like it later on.
Melissophobia: Fear of Bears
Electrophobia:
1. The fear of electricity.
2. The fear of electric shock.
3. The fear of electrocution.
____________
The only ones I have are acro-, arachno-, claustro-, and entomophobia.
Thank you, Anniina!
It's almost unlikely to have as few phobias as you do, isn't it? You are lucky.
No, unfortunately melissophobia refers to a fear of bees, those flying creatures that make us honey.
I guess the fear of bears must be along ursus...urso... ??
Megjegyzés küldése