május 08, 2007

I'm back

less wise, perhaps, for I had to have one of my wisdom teeth removed this evening. I used to have all the four, but now there are only three left.

Let me NOT share my experience with you in the dentist's chair, will you?
Thank you.

Every time I go to the dentist, I reward myself with a little treat. It usually is a DVD I rent. This is to honor my will and strength that I gather to overcome my fear.... I have a phobia I'm afraid. I'd rather endure the pain than go and see the doctor. Isn't that abnormal?

This time, I chose 'A History of violence', with Viggo Mortensen, for whom I have a soft spot since I have seen him as Aragorn.

And for Beth and for anyone who likes photos of the garden, here is a Greek basil

3 megjegyzés:

Anniina írta...

I thought Viggo was great in A History of Violence, and the movie made me think... but somehow I found it a little unsatisfying. What did you think?

SzélsőFa írta...

I have not seen it YET!
I've got some other things to do for filthy money, you know, but later on...
I'm all his :)
hee hee
I will report on how I liked it, how about that?

SzélsőFa írta...

now, I have seen the film.
I also had a lot going on within my head during watching it.
One of them was dishonesty which is so frequently pictured in films. And that characters keep saying it will be allright when everyone knows it'll not.
I was hoping for an intimate talk between husband & wife re: his past and, what's more important, his future plans.
The wife thought it was over when the three men were caught by the sherif. Than they attacked her/her family in the shop, at home and finally Tom/Joey has disappeared for a few days. She was left unsure about her/her family's future and that shows in her eyes in the last scene.
Tom is also lost.
Yes, quite disappointing.

The scene with Tom's elderly brother was quite long and boring for me, btw.