No wonder you don't understand - she sings Hungarian. There must be an English version over YouTube. Basically it is sad for it is about a breakup, although the women is still longing...if not for the man, than for the feeling, for love itself. Did you noticed that the clip was filmed backwards? That explains a lot about the feeling.
I did notice the backwards and thanks so much for putting the english version on for me! As soon as the kids get to bed I will play it! (In the background now is a movie and I will get roused on for making noise!)
I totally missed the Eurovision, of course, since the US could care less. It was a historical one for Finland since we've NEVER been even close to the top and we won last year and hosted these ones.
As for us moving to Chicago - no, that is not a consideration. It was just a visit.
Melly, sometimes I also have to wait with watching something interesting or reading the blogs I read until thekids are asleep, too :)
Tia, in fact I care less about Eurovision, but somehow this year it was a bit different. We watched the contestants and enjoyed and/or were horrified by their performance. Most of them was kind of rubbish, though. Finland set up a brilliant homepage for the event!
I like the song. No wonder it didn't win, just a bit too sophistocated for Eurovision. The video is excellent. Actually, I could watch that again and not bother about the fact I can't understand it. Music is a language in itself.
i wrote a little on the eurovision song festival too, but omitted the hungarian entry which was so totally different to the rest really...
the song was haunting and so beautifully "blues", competing against electronic and commercial performances which had a totally different character... in that way the song managed to profile itself well, but i suspect most of europe wasn't really interested or listening because the result echoed conformity and acceptability yet again....
11 megjegyzés:
Dang shame I cant understand what she is singing about. I do gather it is sad? And it sounds quite nice?
No wonder you don't understand - she sings Hungarian.
There must be an English version over YouTube.
Basically it is sad for it is about a breakup, although the women is still longing...if not for the man, than for the feeling, for love itself.
Did you noticed that the clip was filmed backwards?
That explains a lot about the feeling.
I did notice the backwards and thanks so much for putting the english version on for me! As soon as the kids get to bed I will play it! (In the background now is a movie and I will get roused on for making noise!)
I totally missed the Eurovision, of course, since the US could care less. It was a historical one for Finland since we've NEVER been even close to the top and we won last year and hosted these ones.
As for us moving to Chicago - no, that is not a consideration. It was just a visit.
Cool beans. I can't get it to work for me yet, but when I do, I'll let you know. (it's not youtube, it's my pc)
Melly,
sometimes I also have to wait with watching something interesting or reading the blogs I read until thekids are asleep, too :)
Tia,
in fact I care less about Eurovision, but somehow this year it was a bit different. We watched the contestants and enjoyed and/or were horrified by their performance. Most of them was kind of rubbish, though.
Finland set up a brilliant homepage for the event!
Beth,
allright, I'm here :)
Oh she is lovely!
I like the song. No wonder it didn't win, just a bit too sophistocated for Eurovision. The video is excellent. Actually, I could watch that again and not bother about the fact I can't understand it. Music is a language in itself.
Well, if it did not win there, it might still gain her more audience and more fans.
i wrote a little on the eurovision song festival too, but omitted the hungarian entry which was so totally different to the rest really...
the song was haunting and so beautifully "blues", competing against electronic and commercial performances which had a totally different character... in that way the song managed to profile itself well, but i suspect most of europe wasn't really interested or listening because the result echoed conformity and acceptability yet again....
keep well ;-)
I agree with you, but most of all, I am delighted to see a comment in the almost-archives section of my blog :)
thanks, Bart.
Megjegyzés küldése