augusztus 01, 2006

today

I help my buddy making the concrete rim/ring (?) that is between the (new) walls and the roof. But now it's raining cats and dogs so I had this interval for writing this update.
Our house was built in two phases and now we are adding the third. The first part was built in 1937 - we have an evidence in the attic. The first part consists of three rooms, nothing else. It is under protection because as we were told the house has some historical and aesthetic value. The second part was built somewhere between the 60's and the 70's. There are the bathroom, and the kitchen. The third part is what we build. We are the fourth owners. We decided that we need a kitchen where more than 3 people can comfortably sit at the same time, and where the kitchen has large windows, with large inside window-shelves for pots for herbs and such green stuff. By enlargening the house we will add a small extra room to the house, too.
I'm playing with the idea of documenting the saga of our house in another blog. There would be lots of pictures, too. As we do it by ourselves, no banks and/or credits involved, it does takes years. It fascinates and bores us for years, too. You might be interested in seeing how a house is done with hardly any outer help. Any opinions? If you say no, that's more than completely okay by me.
About the photo. It does NOT show our house, but you can see the material we use. In fact this is a small building the garden. We are planning to use it as a storage house for tools, firewood, whatever.

4 megjegyzés:

Névtelen írta...

I think it would be very interesting to see how the progress comes along. I'm using my blog to document my wife's and my process in moving to New Zealand, apart from the little side-trips we take to Finland. I say, blog away!

Névtelen írta...

I also see that you have in your book collection one of my favorite books, Mutant Message Down Under. It's partly because of that book that we're moving to New Zealand. Call it a spiritual quest of sorts.

SzélsőFa írta...

Dear Bruce,
Re: another blog
I might start it, and when I do so, I will leave a short notice here as posting family-related photos would give me away. It's not that I want to hide myself or fabricate a personality, but that house-building blog would be available for anyone in my 'normal' life yet THIS one is not.
From time to time I will visit your blog, too.

SzélsőFa írta...

Re: Mutant Message
Thats what I call a mission!
My opinion about M.Morgan and the conflict she and the book(s) caused among Aboriginal People is here, if you are interested:
http://szelsofa.blogspot.com/2006/07/down-under-and-below.html