I am afraid I have made a mistake in my writing as people keeps telling me how the country's pagan celebration of 20 August sounds great to them.
I have clarify things: The center of the official celebration is St. Stephen and it is only partly about the new bread.
In my previous post I wanted to tell that Hungarians were not able to celebrate St. Stephen, because of him being a saint. When I was a kid, the holiday was a non-pagan, simply-atheist one about the bread as a food.
Now, we are allowed to have saints and so we celebrate them as much and to as extent as we like.
I also wanted to say that I am not really a sticker to St. Stephen, on the grounds of what he had done to the old religion.
And also, I said I'd rather participate a pagan celebration, because this is how I feel and my heart and mind tells me to follow the right thing.
I am very sorry to mislead you by my writing. I did not mean to and I am surprised, too.
1 megjegyzés:
Absolutely, Saz. Thanks for coming back :)
Pagan celebrations are of older origin than Christian ones and many pagan elements or holidays were incorporated into Christian ones, after some alteration.
Megjegyzés küldése