augusztus 08, 2006

another name for a rose

there was a time when Evil spread its wings
over the country
the fear came closer to everyone
as Evil had no name
yet it turned you into a servant
against your will
you'd find yourself changed
blazing with fury seeking death

a rose was the sign
so as the rumour went
if a withered rose stood upright
-regardless of the time it had spent off of the bush -
in your hand you knew you were infected

there was I by a table
where a young man with a face of a groom
facing me
and the trial of the rose

black roses laid side by side
and I hesitated no more
overcome by the fear of uncertainty
I lifted the black rose and so did the man
and the rose was droopy no more
my fears squeezed me

but it was just a momentary gap of reason
why fear the inevitable I said triumphantly
and so said the man, smiling back to me
let us ride the wave I exclaimed
let us be riders said the man
and there we stood united in
facing death, evil, torture, whatever the rose might bring upon us
yet fearing no more
I abandoned being a pasenger humbly enduring pain
I became a rider

Nincsenek megjegyzések: