Dear friends and all,I am going to a wedding party tomorrow, on 5th August. I'm going with my husband and some of his colleagues. Location: Find out. There is a place somewhere in Europe that was inhabited by Hungarians for more than a thousand years. Some say we've been always here, some say it's only 1-2 thousand years, some believe the duration does not exceeds a mere 1000 years.
Later during history, more nations came. Not I am focusing on one special nation. Some of these people were invited in the late Middle-Ages, by our Kings, some were seeking new and more prosperous land instead of their original land, some came only some 80-90 years ago, as a result of an artificial colonisation. These people were brought there to decrease the ratio of the original population.
Enough said, we are heading now where Hungarians and others live in a position that is anything but harmony. Where graffittis load cities, wanting us to die, or at least, to go away. Where, if a house is broken into, the police checks the nationality of the inhabitants first. If they are Hungarians, they do nothing. So is the rumour. Heard it from someone who still lives there, and is going to get married this Saturday. I think I have to refrain from speaking my own language in public. People might get stabbed for less these days. And there's no-one to protect me. Atrocities against Hungarians are ordinary...
I am sure my fears will prove exaggerated. But I am unsure. Those people are wild. I'm not saying I don't like them or want them to leave or die. I think they are just as fine people as we are, or as anyone else is. What I would want them is to think the same way about us as I do about them. Live and let live I say.
If I am not to return than I will not return. That's all. I am scared, but if that's my fate then so shall it be. Don't worry or weep for me.
I will report on my journey on Monday (7th August), the soonest. If you guess the country, do not hesitate to say it in the comments part.
The picture is an animated gif, but it does not seem to move here. Can anyone help me out with that?
2 megjegyzés:
I can't say I can recognize the country you speak of, but I wish you a safe journey and will be sending positive energy your way. Be brave and mindful, walk like you live there and you'll blend in. I look forward to hearing about your weekend on Monday.
Be safe!
Dear Bruce, I'm alive and filled with many impressions and thoughts. Thanks for the good vibes. I will share many of my thoughts and photos before very long. At the very moment I have some household chores to do. And some footballing with the kids, too :))
Megjegyzés küldése