július 29, 2006

reflection

This is a medium sized back-water branch.
Riding in the motor-boat was, despite the constant buzzing of the engine, a quiet and relaxing journey. I enjoyed the silence I heard beyond the noise. I watched the river itself and its banks. Trees, various smaller plants and sometimes birds - the area was filled with life. Life is a wonderfully woven thick curtain here.
I sat there and contemplated what I saw. I tried to get involved in the carpet. My impression was that what we see in the surface of the water is similar to what we apprehend from the life that is around us. It is a mere illusion, a reflection, a two-dimensional fragile perception. The real thing is what is above the water - so diverse, well-structured with sharp outlines. We, or most of us live in the water, or some inches above the surface, believing what we see is what we and our life, our surroundings are all about.
It is not before one raises oneself above significantly higher that one understands the whole thing. The carpet, the interrelations, that there is a Sun... Pondering my way through all these, I found peace there, again.
- These were my thoughts there.

Nincsenek megjegyzések: