március 22, 2007

on blogging - a MEME

today I found Anniina's been writing on what generally makes her anxious about blogging.

Although I hardly, if ever have the feeling that 'there's nothing really to blog about today', I know that sometimes it is hard to decide on the extent we let the internet into our private lives and thoughts. What if I write on my everyday issues? How interesting would that be? and ont the other hand; what if my out-of-this-wordly bubblings make me seem like imitating being someone else I'm not? Was this sentence English, for that matter, at all?

Can I communicate through to the kind readers to what I REALLY have in my mind? Do I REALLY want that?
But besides those points, I have to tell you that there are other things I'm worried about - so let's see my bloxiety.

1.) There are times I wish I had noone to look at my virtual diary and there are times I wish there were hundreds of people who would come and observe the things I have. This debate splits me into halves.

2.) Sometimes I worry about the stability of my blog. I have nightmares of my blog vanishing into the cables and becoming a 'once upon a time'...

3.) Sometimes I wish my blog was a printed material so that the reader could turn pages back and forth, and read back as much as s/he wanted...
This anxiety combines with the fear that visitors check the first (or the first two) entries and nothing more. All those other entries, good, inspired, revealing, interesting, boring, nondescript alike are jammed up in some subconscious electric garbage - which it is NOT, for Heaven's sake. There are many times when I got so obsessed with this...but then I calm down, asking myself: how many times do YOU (meaning me, SzélsőFa) have been wandering in the archives of other bloggers?

4.) And last, but not least: why, oh, why on Earth do I write this in English? Do people understand? Have I gone completely mad? Being a conservative? What am I doing?

You know what: Let's make it a meme.
Tell me and the world about YOUR bloxiety. Things that worry you about you writing a blog.

Anyway. This blog is my second home. A nest for the tired.
(photo was made by me in April 2006 in our garden)

4 megjegyzés:

Anniina írta...

Great post. And a nice conclusion: "A nest for the tired."

Em írta...

I've spent a bit of time today just blog-wandering...clicking links, exploring some that I've never seen before. And I found this post. And it resonated with feelings I've had since I began a few months back. I write for myself...and yet, some days, I want many visitors and many comments. Other days, I just need to express myself to no one in particular. And the idea of it all vanishing is rather scary.

SzélsőFa írta...
Ezt a megjegyzést eltávolította a szerző.
SzélsőFa írta...

Anniina,

I wonder how many visitors would do the same meme on THEIR blogs. I wrote you were free b/c you started this. And yes, this is where I hide and/or pour out my soul...explore the world...

Em,
thank you for dropping by, make it a habit :)
in the meanwhile I'm going to take a quick look at your site, too.