Among real-life games I prefer board games such as Catan and any in this series. I also like Cartagena, which is much simplier and easier to play. What makes them loveable? The ability to grow and excel in certain areas while there is space and potential for the other players to grow themselves also. You might not win, but you do achieve things. It's not like the Hotel, when there's one tyranny who takes it all. I dislike Hotel for being rude and teaching being rude.
And, I do like some chess, although being defeated almost all the time does not make it so compelling...
Among PC-games I like the good old Solitaire and any members of his/her (?) family including the Black Widow and Admiral.
And when I'm in a mood for some online gaming, I usually head for Jay, which is a sort of a riview site for a lot of exciting games. My favourite one of the moment is Sprout, a pleasant and surprising journey where the story unfolds according to your choice. It is a one-time game meaning that once you know the solution playing further is not challenging or really interesting at all. It's like a riddle. Once you solve it it's over. But here, the solving is the fun part. The graphics and the feelings involved make it worthwhile. Of the older games I like the Submachine (the link takes you to the second part, but there is a first and a third and a fourth one as well). With the Submachine I like that there is no violence or competition - you are alone and you have to discover the whole plot.
Also, I like doing the so-called 'escape-from-a-room' games, but I usually can't do them without a walkthrough. I am that stupid. Oh.
And there is another great game site I feed on, where most of the games are similar to those I've just described above.
And yes, motas. I love motas. Most of the levels I did without help. Wow. (for some reason the site is down, but keep trying...)
As in Sprout, your decision triggers the development in almost any of these games - the grow theme now has become a genre among the games.
And no, I'm not turning my blog into a reviewer site. Take it as a small interruption.
I hope you liked it, for playing is an essential part of our life. Without playing, without a playful attitude every now and then, we would dry out like some forgotten plant in a pot.

Your turn: What games do you like to play? Have you tried any of those I mentioned? Which board game will you be playing with me when I visit you/you visit my place?
5 megjegyzés:
Chess and Monopoly.
Wow, I don't know most of these games, but it might also be that I know some of them under different names. I'm checking them all out - you know I love to play.
Lanternlight,
we'll do chess whenever we have the chance to meet...You'll beat me I assume :) But I will enjoy the game nevertheless.
Anniina,
I've checked these names, they are international - but still you might know them by different names. I hope you'll like them, too.
Hey, there. I'm not a gameplayer online, but I enjoy crossword puzzles offline. Ones in the paper and such.
Also, I wrote you back concerning shortening your name. My daughter's name is Courson. If you shorten it, you also change the meaning, but I still call her "Cours."
Shortening a name doesn't change what people feel for one another. I don't love her less when I shorten her name. In fact, shortening it is when we're usually getting along really well.
So, I don't think it's an American thing. Your name is very hard for me to spell. I have to look back and forth sometimes 3-4 times to get it right. I'm sure there are some American names you may find difficult and I hope you understand.
It wasn't to be mean or disrespectful. I didn't look at it this way at all. Americans do it often ... because we usually don't take ourselves or others so seriously. We're a fun loving bunch when we're not at war. =)
Wow, crosswords - those are things I have an appetite for..not very often, but when I do, I eat it wtih a big spoon!
Re:my name:_
Beth, I'm sorry for not checking your site for a period...
The good thing is that none of us wants to hurt the other in any way, esp. not by shortening or not-shortening the other's name. That is a good way to start.
I understand your reasoning.
And I'm positive my name is not easy to spell. The Hungarian characters are not kind to those who are not familiar with them..
If this is so much trouble, you might want to use 'SzF' - how about that?
take it as a friendly offer from a solitary tree...
Megjegyzés küldése