This is a preface to the Four Little Prayers for the Vernal Equinox. It used to be in the same entry with the prayers, but it grew out of control. So I copied it here, to a separate entry.
I started writing this series of prayers two weeks ago. I've been wanting* to write a prayer for some time now. I wanted it so much it ached. And I was always deterred by having found the lines I wrote meaningless and lame. Some of you might have read my entry called "The Door is Locked" (it was on February 28, you can find it if you go back to the February archives here) - where I wrote about this block I met. I seriously thought about quitting writing in general, but somehow I did not. Was it a failure? A weakness? A delayed decision? A sign of unworthiness? Mediocricity? I am still unsure as of the value of the things I write.
Weeks passed - and ever since then, from time to time, I got this feeling that I must, MUST write this or that down - whether that something comes out neat and enjoyable, whether it's just bullshit and prancing of words... The same happened to me like two days ago when I saw this photo of Poppy Street (for a more exact location, ask IllMan, Glasgow) ...
On a second thought, I address this to all of you blessed/cursed with graphomania... I don't know whether things written in the spur or those that has been elaborated over and over again are better - chances are that none of them** hits the success or content-meter of yours. Or mine, for that matter.
*I was well taught in English lessons that some English verbs do not, or do not usually have a continuous form. Grammar rules and words are there to bend them according to need. So there.
**referring to things I write
***all photos are taken from the Internet, except the forest one...which I made in March 2004. I tried to fit some of my photos to the other parts, but Blogger had another version of this composition in its mind and ate the photos. So I had to take new ones from the web.
Nincsenek megjegyzések:
Megjegyzés küldése