Well, partly I was busy doing things around the house, getting involved in my son's school affairs, visiting friends, taking care of our hens and small chickens, making a letcho for the winter.
Wait. Do you know what a letcho is? I assume you don't. It is a food. You make like this. Sauté onions on hot oil. Add green pepper (sliced, of course). Sauté together. It's all yummy now, but the thing goes on like this: You add some sliced tomatoes as well and let the tomatoes become a mush until the whole thing looks like as if it was soaked in tomato sauce. It means that the letcho is ready. You can use it as it is, or for spicing up almost any food with it. Just adding one or two spoons of letcho to any stew makes it special. Many people put some letcho into a pan and add eggs to make scrambled eggs on top of it. The list of potential use is almost endless. Only that is is a salty food, so it never goes well with cakes, jams, fruits...But I think you've already guessed that. So, back to my activities: we made letcho for the winter, which means that we cooked like 60 litres and than put them into airtight bottles when still hot. These bottles were then put into a well insulated box. They cool off for 3-4 days. Which means that all bacteria is killed. We never use any preservatives or similar stuff. Hardly any letcho or jam goes wrong with this wonderful method. If you know this food and have an English name to offer, please do so in the comments section.
Besides making letcho, I discovered that our hen has finally has three little chickens underneath her. The chicks are darlings. See the photo here. Update: One of the little chicklets died. S/he fell into the watering dish within the hen-house and drowned. Now we have only two baby chickens.
My son has come third in his age group in a town running competition. everybody ran 2,5 kilometres. He will be 10 this December. I am proud of him. He was tired and said that he had never run this hard in his life ever before. He received a congratulation from this school's chairlady. This is one of the greatest honors in Hungarian schools.
Also, we have been informed today (13 Sept) that said son has pushed away a girl (one of his classmates) in a stairway so the girl fell and was hospitalized for her ankle. My precious son. He shows no guilt neither regret, but inside, he is troubled - we sense that. He is not an easy nut. Absolutely. For the record, he is doing the 4th grade, but it's his 3rd school. And we have not moved since he started school. Same town, 3 schools. He has a certain...*coughs* fame for being a tough kid.
Now, I have been advised to take him out of school and educate him at home, for his interest. This means less blogging I'm afraid.
At the same time I feel another spur of depression coming over again. It's not the same feeling I had during my teenage years, neither it is similar to the experience I had some month ago. I am just tired. I would just like to go away to have a rest... I might write something about that, later...
But before that really happens, I have to tell you the story of my half-naked Tuesday. It is not nekkid and not Thursday as well. But some of you might like the story nevertheless... I was on bicycle to get into preschool for my daughter the other day. It was quite a hot afternoon and I had a t-shirt above my jeans. Suddenly I felt an insect within my t-shirt. I wiggled my arm in a vain attempt to get rid of the animal. This only resulted in getting stung on my shoulder. I started wiggling some more, but the bee/wasp(?) did not find the way out and kept buzzing more frantic than ever. I was afraid of being stung again and the whole embracing-a-wasp-under-my-t-shirt affair was getting a bit off the limits, you know. So what a decent woman does in a situation like this? I don't know, but I threw my bike down on the street and teared off my t-shirt. Right there, yes, on the street. Wow. Good for me that I had a bra on. Or was it good for the onlookers. In fact, there was nobody there, as it is a small street in a suburban area. But parents usually keep coming in and out from the pre-school at this time of the afternoon. Fortunately noone came out during my accident. Or were they? But returned not to insult me by watching my ...uhm..performance... ?? I might never know.
My question for you there: have you ever been forced, like me that day, to get rid of some of your clothes in public? How was that?

4 megjegyzés:
Dear Saz, thanks for being here!: that wasp situation was really hard, but at the end, I just laughed.
Re:School: I have to teach him as long as he is mature enough to socialize. No matter how good his brains are (he is not dumb, you know, he's quite a quick witted, sharp-tounged kid), but he prefers one-to-one situations. In a larger group he wants all the attention of the teacher to him and himself alone. Plus, he gets tired very soon.
Noone has investigated yet whether it is ADHD or whatever, but at home, when we pay attention to him he is normal. When he is playing with his friends, he is normal. At school he goes mad.
We were told (not by the school) that this state will pass as soon as he gets older.
Hope I answered well.
Hi hon. Re wasp situation: The first time I was stung was exactly the same! But I was in a pickup truck and leaning forward when the bee/wasp went into my t-shirt. I leaned back and YEEE-OW! Screaming, tears, fear, panic, what the hell was that?? Then I learned a valuable life lesson from my mom - take some nice gooey mud from the garden and rub it on the sore spot. It really helped to reduce the pain and swelling.
As for your son - that's a tough one. As a teacher, I can completely understand the school's stance although it's obviously a very rare one. It's too hard for the other kids and particularly for the teacher to focus his/her energies on all. And I agree with Saz, it usually is the really bright ones who can't handle big group situations. But for home schooling, can you get him involved in small groups of children his age? Doing what he is interested in? That way you are helping him to socialize with a small group first. I don't know, but that also might help you and your sanity. You need a break too girl! It's exhausting to be home schooling I imagine.
Wish I could be of more help.
As for depression: keep on moving. Don't stop. Do something. Anything. Aerobics, walking, dancing. Just don't stop - bc that's all you want to do and you need to push through it. That's all I know from my experience of winter depression anyway. My heart goes out to you.
Saz:
we were told that it will pass. It is only a matter of 2-3 years. I'm not really happy by hearing this, but if one comapres 2-3 years to the rest of his life, which can be as much as 80-90-100 years, 2-3 years are really nothing. Only that I am driven crazy. But I think I am being selfish.
Butwearesmall:
The mud must be good for the sting I agree. Too bad, I had no mud available. And I'd rather bear the pain than mud myself.
My son is bright, that's right, but he is not very keen on learning at home either.
I know that excercises are against depression, and I do aerobics at home and usually I do a lot of things. Thanks for those advices, I appreciate them. I hope too, that depression will go away. One way or another. Probably not the way that it's taking me :)
Megjegyzés küldése