That was an incredible film! Thank you so much for sharing it. What a powerful statement he makes. It immediately remidned me of the area I live in. The developers move into an area, strip the area completely barren of trees and bush, bulldozing everything and building more, and more, and more. They knock down anything of historical value and build something bigger on the land. there is a line in the Matrix (movie) that one of the characters describes humanity not as mamals, but as a virus on this planet. I see that in so many ways. Thanks!
Bruce: It was my pleasure that you liked it, too. This is one of the films that should be seen by everyone. It's so simple and straightforward.
Mankind, or that part of mankind that has power can really act as a virus, I agree. Some speculate and foretell that this part of mankind will wipe away itself and life itself off of the face of Earth. I am unsure...or I would just like to believe that we can preserve life on Earth and can prevent the Big Collapse...yet, I am pessimistic...
You're a good egg. I've missed you. I tried to book a holiday to Hungary, but it proved too expensive for September. But I intend to vist, if not just to look at the wheat fields. I love wheat fields.
Szelso Fa... I still hold some faith that humanity as a whole will someday learn before the big mistakes happen, but unfortunately in this country, Americans are all too focused on themselves as a whole and not the bigger picture - hence, the main reason why we are moving to a country whose mission seems to be to set an example of how to harmonize better with nature and live a cleaner, more pure life. New Zealand seems to have their act together in my opinion. ~ cheers!
Kieran: Welcome back. Wheat fields are gone for this year. Wheat is sown in September and the stand overwinters, but to sight a beautiful field as the one in my last entry, you'll have to come around June, July 2007. If you don't mind sleeping in a sleeping bag, you can come over to our place as well. We can accomodate like 1-2-3 persons. Provided that said person help us building our house. Just kidding! We are not far from Budapest if that is important.
Bruce: I am torn apart. Part of me says that there might be hope until the very end. Another part says we'd better start collecting knowledge to start the thing all over again once the Big Collapse is over. I'd rather not think about it at the moment as it kind of drives me crazy. Anyhow: I'm wishing you (and Tia)success in finding and living a life that is more suitable for you. That NZ news sounds promising.
This film was awesome. It instantly reminded me again that amidst all my "episodes" of wanting a child every now and then (which is NOT often) I still deep down know my choice is not to have them. If for now other reason, but to give our planet a break. And I don't mean to in a way condemn those who choose to have them, just that I can live with the choice of saying "no"....
As for the end of life as we know it on this planet... I have mixed feelings too. Have you read Craig Braden's "Isaiah Effect"? That book gives me hope in humanity's ability to make choices that will benefit all living beings, not just feed our own greed, but who knows when we will have gone beyond the point of no return in polluting our planet.
Hi Tia, I will definitely look for the book in Hungarian in a bookshop. Re: kids - having them or not. I do understand your choice whatever will that be in the end as I feel you have doubts about whether you should say yes or no. Being a pessimist myself, and rather looking towards the Great Collapse, I think it's better to say yes for kids as we can transfer them knowledge. I think I will write a new entry on the subject. It is so interesting and i want to hear my friends' opinion.
Thank you. That is very generous of you. I might just do that. For the moment I'l have to content myself with a trip to Brussels. I'll catch up with you later. Bye bye.
10 megjegyzés:
That was an incredible film! Thank you so much for sharing it. What a powerful statement he makes. It immediately remidned me of the area I live in. The developers move into an area, strip the area completely barren of trees and bush, bulldozing everything and building more, and more, and more. They knock down anything of historical value and build something bigger on the land. there is a line in the Matrix (movie) that one of the characters describes humanity not as mamals, but as a virus on this planet. I see that in so many ways.
Thanks!
Bruce:
It was my pleasure that you liked it, too. This is one of the films that should be seen by everyone. It's so simple and straightforward.
Mankind, or that part of mankind that has power can really act as a virus, I agree. Some speculate and foretell that this part of mankind will wipe away itself and life itself off of the face of Earth. I am unsure...or I would just like to believe that we can preserve life on Earth and can prevent the Big Collapse...yet, I am pessimistic...
You're a good egg. I've missed you. I tried to book a holiday to Hungary, but it proved too expensive for September. But I intend to vist, if not just to look at the wheat fields. I love wheat fields.
Szelso Fa... I still hold some faith that humanity as a whole will someday learn before the big mistakes happen, but unfortunately in this country, Americans are all too focused on themselves as a whole and not the bigger picture - hence, the main reason why we are moving to a country whose mission seems to be to set an example of how to harmonize better with nature and live a cleaner, more pure life. New Zealand seems to have their act together in my opinion. ~ cheers!
Kieran:
Welcome back.
Wheat fields are gone for this year. Wheat is sown in September and the stand overwinters, but to sight a beautiful field as the one in my last entry, you'll have to come around June, July 2007. If you don't mind sleeping in a sleeping bag, you can come over to our place as well. We can accomodate like 1-2-3 persons. Provided that said person help us building our house. Just kidding!
We are not far from Budapest if that is important.
Bruce:
I am torn apart. Part of me says that there might be hope until the very end. Another part says we'd better start collecting knowledge to start the thing all over again once the Big Collapse is over. I'd rather not think about it at the moment as it kind of drives me crazy.
Anyhow: I'm wishing you (and Tia)success in finding and living a life that is more suitable for you. That NZ news sounds promising.
This film was awesome. It instantly reminded me again that amidst all my "episodes" of wanting a child every now and then (which is NOT often) I still deep down know my choice is not to have them. If for now other reason, but to give our planet a break. And I don't mean to in a way condemn those who choose to have them, just that I can live with the choice of saying "no"....
As for the end of life as we know it on this planet... I have mixed feelings too. Have you read Craig Braden's "Isaiah Effect"? That book gives me hope in humanity's ability to make choices that will benefit all living beings, not just feed our own greed, but who knows when we will have gone beyond the point of no return in polluting our planet.
Hi Tia,
I will definitely look for the book in Hungarian in a bookshop.
Re: kids - having them or not.
I do understand your choice whatever will that be in the end as I feel you have doubts about whether you should say yes or no.
Being a pessimist myself, and rather looking towards the Great Collapse, I think it's better to say yes for kids as we can transfer them knowledge.
I think I will write a new entry on the subject. It is so interesting and i want to hear my friends' opinion.
Thank you. That is very generous of you. I might just do that. For the moment I'l have to content myself with a trip to Brussels. I'll catch up with you later.
Bye bye.
Megjegyzés küldése