szeptember 09, 2006

growing up


I have been looking for questions and answers ever since I know myself. Beside learning hard, my teenage years were all about wanting to become happy. I remember a day when my stepfather drove the car and my mother was sitting on the seat beside him. I was behind them, on the backseat. It was one of those days when I was extremely upset and gloomy. Thinking back to those times, I was an upset teenager. My mother, not really understanding me at that time, asked me with a simple smile on her face: 'Are you not happy? Why are you not happy? I am sensing that you are not happy.' I was coping with tears, but held them back, or most of them. I wanted to run away, to cry out my anger, my loneliness, my teenage things, my pain... I wanted to shout out: 'Yes, Mom, I am completely UNHAPPY, don't you see? I am looking for me but what I found is something I do not like. Why? When will I found myself happy? You know all I would like to find is a happy me, but there is no sign for that.' I wanted to rage and shout. Instead I choose to hold back my tears and look out of the window as if being bored.

Now, I consider myself a grown-up person. I have kids. Kids that were born partly because I decided to give them life. For the love of my husband, for the love of life. At the same time I believe that their being here and with us is their decision. They teach me a lot. About being a mother and a human being. About responsibility, giving and caring. Life and love. About myself.
I do not shut myself up like I used to. If I have something to say, I say it. I have to let my message heard. Otherwise, why have a message?

I questioned reasons of living and dying. I found many potential answers to my questions. I was always way too careful to fully accept any idea or community. I preferred to remain an outsider, watch and find proofs. But I was determined to find something. I never really liked or understand those who were sitting on the fence. I knew there would be an answer and there was. Compiled over the years, formed by various forms of experiences during all those years - there was an answer and I am ever so happy to be reminded that it's always there.

3 megjegyzés:

Tia írta...

I resonate with this very much. I was that teenage girl in the backseat. A drear friend of mine and I were having a conversation about this the other evening over some yummy Indian food. I hope to do more work with girls as I feel that there is a huge amount of work to be done to help teach (especially girls) to have and believe in their own voice. We spend so much time feeling lost and alone, when really what we all are is beautiful and power-full beyond our own belief!

Tia írta...

"dear"... not "drear"..... =)

SzélsőFa írta...

I agree. Sometimes (and not very rarely) or inner true self is trapped and restricted - by conformism, fear...