We visited a cat show on 17 September and managed to spend almost 2 hours among cages full of cats without getting bored. But to achieve this, we did have to leave before the second hour was over...
I used to have a dog and I used to take her to dog shows, so I knew what to expect here, but my kids have never been to cat or dog shows before. I enjoyed that I can explain them the activities of the judge for example. But they were most excited about the cats of course. We have a cat and our friends have too, but here there were cat-types they have never seen before. We admired the Maine Coon, especially a male that weights 9kgs at the age of 2.5 years...
(photo comes later!!!)
and we were surprised by seeing a cat whose eyes actually sparkled....(ok, that's just the flashlight)

and played with abessine kittens until the owner told us not to disturb them...note to owners: for God's sake, don't bring them along to the show if they are disturbed!!!...

and have found out the the BIS is still our Berci, who's diet consist of some cheapish-catfood called Kitekat, corn on the cob and various birds she hunts in the garden... She will not be run over by a car, cause she looks out in the street and basically is a tough cat. I interviewed an owner of a Maine Coon cattery about the behaviour.
Me: these cats are so beautiful and strong. Are they tough, too? Do they live well outside?
Owner of cattery: Yes, my cats go into the garden, too and they like it.
Me (not really satisfied with the above answer): You know we have a mixed-breed cat and she is so careful and she's a good hunter, too. Is it possible to let Maine Coons live in the garden?
She: yes, but of course I never let my cats out into the street.
Me (sensing some kind of stupidity lurking around here): Are they safe from cars? Are they responsible enough out in the dangerous street?
She (proving my fears): No, a Maine Coon does not afraid of anything.
Me (saying a polite goodbye while having hard times holding back my laugh at such a mental challenge.)
Hello, people. A cat who's not afraid of cat is mentally retarded. Why be proud of it?
Allright.
Here's some Berci for you. She's having her summer fav, corn on the cob here.
And finally, here's a picture of a Gordon Setter called Dolly. I found her over the net as I have no digital photos of the Gs I used to have, but this Dolly somehow resembles Niki. Just to prove that I am still a dog person. I used to take her to long walks to meadows, forests, parks. She used to make small jumps during hunting and she used to roam endlessly...


2 megjegyzés:
Your cat can't understand Japanese.
LoL
By the way, I watched news about your country.
Police and demonstrators have clashed. Are you OK?
Hello, Lucy, I will write something very soon about what's going on. I am ok. Nervous, but ok.
I am against violence and un-intelligent ravaging, but...
I am with the protestors. It was time to wake up.
Megjegyzés küldése