szeptember 21, 2006

going political

Besides going to a cat show on Sunday, this last weekend was highlighted by those fantastic 4 hours we had at the Railway History Park in Budapest.
I really don't have much time writing, thinking or meditating these days. It is partly because my son is at home for most of the time as he is home-schooled, partly because I am busy with organizing meetings between various teachers, phychologists and our family including and not restricted to our son, and partly because I am preparing myself for a journey to the Netherlands, which starts at 26 September, more on that later, and finally, partly I am excited about what's going on right now in the country.
I intended this blog to be free of political issues. So far, I've broken the rule only once.
I wanted to leave politics out. This time I feel I have to come out as it is in me. I realized that although my blog is apolitical I am not. I might not be familiar with the everyday issues. what I am concerned about is the greater scheme, the state, survival and well-being of our nation. I hope when people I like read what I communicate about what's going on here they might get a better idea of the picture.
I've been asked if I was ok. Yes, I am ok. I am not on the streets, but I have friends who are. I am against violence and careless ravaging. At the same time, no revolution takes place without material damage. I hope this thing develops itself into a strong, well-organized revolution.
I've read that the CNN called us, the Hungarians naive for being so upset about a politician lying. There can be some naivity, but if there was not any, the world would fall apart.
Lying? It's not really about lying. People like me, or people who are aware of what's going on behind the scenes are well aware that the Prime Minister is not much of a virtue. Neither are almost any of the members of his party...
It's not that he admitted he was lying. It's not just that.
For those who know nothing about the thing, here's a short rewiev. The PM's speach leaked to the media in which he, speaking to his colleagues, admits that they lied, they did nothing and that the unbeloved political packages he was about to introduce to the people in general are not because of the vision of an uplift in the economy, these hardly believable confinements are supposed to make up for the loss they've done by not doing anything prosperous. Now, that's something that makes people mad. Besides that, he, PM of a country, calls the country a whore and also, full of maggots.
He and his band proved yet again that they have no respect and not a little bit of affection, if not the heroic love, allright, for the country.
They have the media so everything that goes out, either at the national or at the international channels, every information is masked, distorted, or at the very least, selected.
You might have no idea what those, who find the place of their birth, the traditions of a nation important feel. We have endured many things. Including that you are condemned if you put the national flag out or sing traditional songs in events. If you believe that this nation is more than just a collective of this and that. The list would go endless. Disdain, disbelief, scorn, and rejection. At personal and academic levels alike. It was enough.
I do hope the thing that's going on goes well and goes to the highest possible extent. I do not wish to see too many hooligans out in the streets. It would take away the clarity of the case, so as to say. I hope for understanding, for the end of those bad feelings. Noone is better than the other - I want to see equality and prosperity. It won't be easy, though. It will be tough.
Might continue later. Until that, may the peace and strength of Mother Earth be with us.
Give me your opinion. What are the reflection of the street events in your country? Am I naive? Is there a solution? I suggest the present PM and his band leaving before the week ends, but that's just the impatient me....
UPDATE:
I've heard that anyone who carried the national flag was arrested during the protest.
The photo below comes from the CNN website: A policeman is beating a protester. I chose this one because my husband has a t-shirt with exactly the same words written on it. This is NOT my husband, but this person and my husband has something in common. They both have a piece of garment that states (written in old Hungarian script, not very much unlike the German runes) that the ancient land is endangered and all Hungarians should rise and be aware. And there's one difference between this man and my husband and it is the policeman behind.

1 megjegyzés:

SzélsőFa írta...

Dear Saz, thanks for the comment. I don't mind that it is long. Write as much as you can :)
What CNN or other sources say excites me only to the extent of their credibility. Unfortunately, and as I have written in the entry, media usually masks or distorts events and causes.
I'm glad that I reassured you about my being well. Here, where I live nothing is palpable from what's going on in Budapest. I saw all the pictures up at the CNN website, but again, that's just media - looking for headlines and big stories. The real story is not about blood and violence.
The real pain is that the police arrests people who carry the red-white-green flag or beats people who find their land more important than some digits in the budget.
As for 1956: People rose on their own will. I doubt the USA has anything to do with it. But I will have to check somewhere.