október 12, 2007

Take a really close look # 8

Dear all,

I'm planning to have this series end at 10.
This is the eighth round, but before I present you with this precious picture I made for you to guess over, let me tell you the results of the seventh quiz. I'd like to ask you to go and check the original picure HERE!

We had four contestants, Hoodie, Anniina, Bobealia and Ello.
On a side-note to one of my curious fellow-bloggers: Beth was NOT taking part.

Guesses ranged from 'don't know' (heehee) to berries, figs, sunflowers, pinecones - and the more impressed ventured into saying heads of bald crows even!!! Wow!

I'd like to bow in front of the creativity of Anniina for this guess.
I wish I HAD the chance to make photos of bald crows.
I wish I really did.
I wonder at what circumstances one can make a photo of bald crows.

It really makes one's imagination soar, doesn't it?
Anyway...the WINNER is....

Hoodie, with sunflower!!!!


CONGRATULATIONS, Hoodie!!

Here's the proof:

And here's another pic of the same thing - this photo used to be my desktop wall-paper for quite a time. I love the colors, the rythym, the winding of the curves...

How can be someone NOT obsessed with such a perfection?
And now it's time for the EIGHTH RUN:



And here's a second photo of the SAME thing.


What is it? This time, the more detailed your guess is, the better your chances are.

13 megjegyzés:

Melly` írta...

A shell or pod from... something like a walnut maybe?

SzélsőFa írta...

Melly,

that sounds reasonable - thanks for playing again!

Hoodie írta...

HA! I toldya!
Cool.

As for this one, I can't get past the fact that it's shaped like an alligator head. My guess is petrified alligator head.

Chris Eldin írta...

I have two guesses:

Szelsofa's ankle, or a very muddy dog paw.

Can we guess more than once?
:-)

Ello - Ellen Oh írta...

Sze - How come you always post pictures that make me itchy? I think it sort of looks like bark from a dead tree or something. Or it is like a discarded insect skin or something nasty.

OK - am I close this time?

SzélsőFa írta...

Hoodie,

Yes, you had a great eye to recognize the sunflower seeds. Alligator head...Petrified...Hmmmm... Nice, nice, here!

Church Lady,

Interesting view, really! Thanks for playing. Of course one can have more then one guess.

Ello,

Perhaps it's me who's making you itchy, heehee :)
I'm in a fun mode, so let me tell you that in round 7 your guess was 'I don't know'. With 'something nasty' I see some considerable improvement here. But the other guesses are quite close. Not really close, but somehow closer than 'I don't know' :)

The result will be made public within 7-10 days. You'll just wait.

On a side note, I know you shorten my name out of friendlyness, but I'd ike to kindly ask you not to. The name is in Hungarian, and shortening takes the meaning away. The composition of letters in 'Sze' simply means nothing intelligent, while SzélsőFa, or 'SzelsoFa', if you will, DOES have a meaning. I like that meaning and I'm not into loosing it. I know that many American people make short, friendly versions of their names, but unfortunately this name is not suitable for such a game. Other names MIGHT be appropriate subjects to grammatical names like that, but SzélsőFa is an exception. Thank you for understanding.
Cheers!!!

Ello - Ellen Oh írta...

Of course Szelsofa! Thanks for letting me know. I completely understand and would never wish to offend in anyway. I have very lazy typing fingers which is why I always end up signing things Ell or E cause I'm too lazy to type my whole name - which is silly since my name is short and simple in the first place. But laziness is a curse of mine. May I ask what your name means? And also is the accent on your name on the last syllable? I would love to know the exact pronunciation of your name.

Thanks for being understanding with my oafish American ways and thanks for letting me know. Cheers.

SzélsőFa írta...

Ello,

my name means 'a tree that stands at the edge (of a forest)'
The main accent is on the first syllable and there's a second one on the third syllable.
szélső means 'to be at the edge', 'something that is on the side (of something bigger)'
fa is tree

Say szélső like:
sail-sh-*
* is for ő.
Say a vowel that is close to 'i' in bird

Say fa like:
f-uhh, without much 'h' at the end.

sail-sh-*-f-uhh.

How about that?

Beth írta...

Looks like a close up for an old pine tree. I've lost my knack. Darnit! My mojo is gone.

Sunflower for the last one. One of my favorite flowers. I grew 10 varieties of them this year and still didn't see it.

Great job, Hoodie!

SzélsőFa írta...

Thanks for the guess!
A very suitable one. It does LOOK like a tree, yes. It makes one wonder whether Szélsőfa makes repetitions?

What you mean you did not see your sunflowers? Did they not come out?

Névtelen írta...

From the comments above, I see that I'm wrong (again). I thought it was a moss and fungus-covered tree stump. The first looks like it could be bread, but the second picture killed that for me.

Ello - Ellen Oh írta...

Wow, I love the meaning of your name! Very beautiful and now I understand your avatar! Very cool!

Now if I'm pronouncing it right, your name sounds as beautiful as it means. I'm so glad you explained so now I will feel confident in pronouncing your name right!

I am still so curious about that picture the first looks so different from the second. I'm still thinking some sort of tree but maybe even a rock? OK - I'll just wait!

SzélsőFa írta...

There, there, my readers, I love when imagination flies!
Some of you got somehow close to the true thing, not exactly hitting it, but quite close.

Thank you Jason for playing and Ello for your second guess(es).

Ello,
I'm glad I was of some help. Perhaps some time I will have the chance to actually hear you saying my name...who knows?