október 01, 2007

Health quiz - a step-by-step solution

Yes, I am kind.
Taken from the previous post, with solution after each sentence!!!
This was the question!!!!
Which of the items listed below does SzélsőFa have?
(Solutions capitalized, in brackets - with some explanations here and there)
x.) National Health Care Insurance (FALSE - as I am not a registered employee, I'm not covered. So far so good.)
c.) A wish to see the doctor's (FALSE - I'd have to be really sick to go to see the doctor. A broken bone might take me to the office for example. I'm 37 and have not broken ANY of my bones. So far so good.)
a.) (an) infected ear(s), an infected throat (TRUE - oh yes.)
a.) a wish to read 'The Wind in the Door' (TRUE - *waves a friendly Hello to Chris, in Maryland*)
u.) a neutered male cat named Berci (FALSE - Berci used to be a female. I think I wrote about that some time earlier. Or not.)
i.) a neutered female cat named Berci (TRUE - see above.)
h.) a friend in Japan (TRUE - see the sidebar for links)
y.) friends in the USA (TRUE - chances are, you, yes you are one of those people.)
e.) a former high-school class mate in the USA (TRUE - okay, this was difficult.)
w.) a subscription to 'Medical news' in Hungarian (FALSE - this was the one I thought the most easiest one.)
p.) a trust in doctors (FALSE - you must be kidding.)
n.) a positive attitude when being sick (TRUE - why the hell else would I be writing this post?)
o.) belief in modern day medicines (FALSE - no comment.)
r.) belief in older-day medicines, like herbs and natural ointments (TRUE - sure. I am old-fashioned. I am a tree.)
v.) a friend who can actually make illnesses go away by touching (TRUE - I think this was a bit tough. He's not.)
Now, you have all those letters in front of the sentences marked (TRUE)
Pick the letters, and you have
a,a,i,h,y,e,n,r and v.
Can you make 2 words out of them?
Thank you for playing.
Do you think it was boring?

7 megjegyzés:

Beth írta...

OK, I won the contest AGAIN! People will think you and I are in cahoots.

The next picture looks like a bury, but there's a hollow part and I was thinking, "Did she take a close up picture of a spider?" Then I got scared to look at the picture and won't look again. (my fear of spiders is that great)

I also believe in natural cures for illness. The only word I can get out of the letters is hyena. Well, rave and hyena.

Beth írta...

BERRY not BURY ... lol

SzélsőFa írta...

A Freudian slip, perhaps with this bury/berry thing... You already had *spider* in your mind :)))

raven and hyena...?
Not quite, not quite, my dear.
But those two make awesome spiritual guides I suppose. heeeheee.

hint: you have to use up ALL available 'good' letters.
hint #2. Try assembling the vowels into order first.

The Quoibler írta...

Szelsofa:

I got the words: HEAVY RAIN.

:)

Can we be in cahoots now, too? I'm envious of your good relationship with Beth!

*smiles*

Angelique

SzélsőFa írta...

Angelique:
excellent solution here! You are the first to solve the mystery of scrambled letters. I bet you play(ed) Scramble or something similar game!

A good relationship is forming on its own, where both parties involved have dutied to nurture that friendship.
Beth and I have been knowing each other a bit longer than you and me, but I am open to form new friendships and secret societies anytime.

Melly` írta...

Oh bother! I meant to go back and try the letter quiz - at one stage I was going to print it out and take it to work and see if I got a quiet moment at nap time to see if I could figure it out! I need longer!

But it was fun watching anyway!

SzélsőFa írta...

Melly,

see-you don't come here very often...
Do you think I should be making another quiz like this?
Just for you?
How'bout that?
Just tell me yes and I'll be a-starting in no time :)