október 29, 2007

Take a really close look # 9

This is the one before the very last in the series.
I think my readers prefer guessing to reading...? (I don't know. Every time I get no response to a post I start thinking my writing was so horrible it left my readers gasping for fresh air. But it might not be the case. Not all of us spend as much time in front of the computer surfing sites as I do. Shame on me.)

Well, number eight DID seem the toughest one.

Somehow I suspected it would be tough, so I posted two macro-shots, but, as no guess came really close to the subject, I posted a normal shot of the same thing.

I suggest you following the links and seeing again.

Allright, welcome back.

This time there were 9 players!! Wow!
I'm so glad that so many of you took part.

Let me count the guesses: 16 + a number of 'I have no clue'-s, or anything to that effect.

I like how people this time have truly unleashed their imagination - guesses went anything between 'something nasty' through 'insect' to variuos kinds of plants like walnut shell, tree stumps, moss. Some suspected intelligence behind these misterious-looking shapes and surfaces.
Hoodie went into guessing 'petrified alligator head', which sounds really reasonable.
Still she was far from the truth.

But those who mentioned moss, fungus, mold were all right.
It all comes together, the IT is all of the above.

And yes, we have a winner, someone said it must be 'some kind of puffball-like mushroom', and he was absolutely right. I thought the winner would be Ello with 'mushroom', but I'm sorry, puffball mushroom is just exactly what it is, or rather, what is used to be.

It is a puffball mushroom that was covered with mould.

and the winner is....

Jason! Congratulations!

Here are some photos of the very same object, BEFORE. The first two photo were made in 15 July, 2007.



This one was captured two days later. The mushroom has started overgrowing, and the skin was ripping to pieces. To adjust the real size of the pufball, pictured is my hunband's hand.
and now, it's time for the 9th round.

It will be very very easy.
But again, what it is? More than one guess per people is highly recommended.
Brain, off guard you go again.



13 megjegyzés:

Aine írta...

That looks like warm, freshly baked bread. (Or maybe I'm just hungry this morning...)

SzélsőFa írta...

Welcome, Aine to my blog and to the game. Thanks for guessing.

Beth írta...

I also thought it was fresh-baked bread (the top). If we have to guess something else, pumpkin skin. =)

Szelsofa, I don't spend a lot of time at the pc at all. If I don't comment on a post, it's because you put up a new one before I got around to visiting again. I blog once a week and read blogs once a week except for commenting back to people on my own. That's usually it.

Névtelen írta...

Yay, I got one! Yes!

That's an awesome puffball, by the way. I've only seen the little ones.

As for this one, I'd say baked cheese on top of a casserole. Or a cornbread muffin.

SzélsőFa írta...

Beth,

thanks for playing again. Pumpkin skin seems clever around Halloween, doesn't it?
I've figured out your blogging habits some time ago. More on that on your own blog :)
That's completely ok.

Jason,

oh yes, see one has to keep on playing :)
Baked cheese or cornbread muffin? Yum. Nice guesses here, thanks.

Beth írta...

I finally get what you were saying about my blogging habits. Since I only blog once a week, it looks as if I'm only going to people who blog more than that just to promote my new entry. I have to laugh now that I get it. I wonder how many others think that? Maybe I should publicly admit to only blogging once a week and checking my own personal comments daily?

Just wanted you to know I read the story below. I had another good laugh over Jason critiqueing a first line that was given to you. I LOVED Carrie as a girl. I was born on Halloween so someone like Carrie didn't feel odd to me at all. You really captured her essence.

Aine írta...

Sorry I've taken so long to delurk and leave a comment. I feel like I already know you (I'm Jason's wife). So, it's about time I speak up and join in the fun!

After looking more closely, I see something crystalline on the surface. Sugar, perhaps? So, I'll add a sugar cookie to the guesses.

The Quoibler írta...

I'm going with pumpkin or gourd! :)

Love these contests!

Angelique

Chris Eldin írta...

MMMM! It's making me hungry. Is it pizza?

SzélsőFa írta...

Beth,

see, I was wrong and I did have to take some time studying your blogging manners. Once I figured it out I felt quite ashamed of myself for having those nasty thoughts. I am sorry but I am so glad we sorted things out now.

Re: first line: Oh, my, that was just hilarious. But Jason was right I assume - that makes it the
more funnier.

Re: Carrie: another thing we have in common. How strange, isn't it? I captured it fairly well probably to my sympathy towards her. I don't know.

SzélsőFa írta...

Aine,

that's allright. Delurking is always welcomed. And yes I knew who you were - well at last what your profile reveals ;)
Sugar cookie? Wow. Nice guess, thank you!

Angelique,

I'm so happy people like my photo contest. I appreciate that and the guess as well.

Church Lady,

yum, yumm, another food-related entry among the guesses. Thank you.

To all,

I think this photos makes almost everyone hungry, heehee. Truth will be revealed within a week or so, as usual.

Ello - Ellen Oh írta...

Bread? Pastry? muffin top? squash?
You said multiple entries are ok, right? Cornbread?

SzélsőFa írta...

Ello,

multiple entries are completely accepted. Thank you for the guesses.