augusztus 30, 2007

Writing exercise by The Church Lady

The challenge was launched by Church Lady.

Here's my entry. This time the limit was set at 150 and the plot was about a dog that smells something awful/nasty and the reader should find out only at the end what's the reason for such a smell. I'm sorry if it hurts some of your delicate readers....it is based on real experience.


The day sprang peacefully; the Sun was emerging from the sea. I let Inky off the leash and contemplated the beach for a few minutes. I counted the flock of seagulls, caressed the tall grass with my eyes.
‘Inky!’ – My calling did not echo in the vast open space, it fell flat onto the sand.There she came, her ears flipping as she ran towards me.
‘Good girl’ I patted her.
I intended to stroll a bit more among the dunes, so I descended towards the beach. I wished to see the waves from really close. I like how they come out and go back again. I like the foam.
The dog was not coming and I called out again.Then I saw her and smelled her.
Oh, not again…
She was having her morning snack right at where I have been squatting.
Not again, you nasty dog.

5 megjegyzés:

Beth írta...

Grrrrrrrroooosssss!!! I have a little dog named Drusilla and thank the heavens, she's not been in any messes.

Also, had a question about the oatmeal recipe below. Pop by the blog when you get a chance and let me know. I would mucho appreciate it.

Névtelen írta...

Icky and funny.

SzélsőFa írta...

Beth,

I like how my story (based on real experience!!!) grosses out anyone reading it...
Yesm I studied the measurements for you and answered your question.

Strugglingwriter,

;)
I'm glad you liked it.

Névtelen írta...

Great pacing. :)

Our dog eats dead birds. Nice.

SzélsőFa írta...

Thank you, Jason. This is a short story, as I wrote, based on real experience. Perhaps that real experience made pacing better than usual.
Eating dead birds sounds a bit better, though...