My funny little entry is over here, right below:
Blue suedes
Finally I’m out of the shop. I love to see the world!
I was made made by a machine; I am not unique – yet anyone who looks at me likes me. The soft touch. The craftsmanship. I like to be beautiful. I am often called a beauty.
I was packed alone in a neat cardboard box. That was dark. Back in the factory, there were rumors about our destinations. Some said they’d go into a large shop, some’d have preferred a small, personal shop. For me, it was indifferent.
I was tried on a few times. I never knew how would it feel - that I would feel the smell of skin, the warmth, the tingling of veins, the small adjustments of muscle tone. Balance and imbalance. I was being walked in. I covered the distance: I carried a woman from one mirror to another, yet she was carrying me, too. It was the embrace of bodies.
Ladies kept coming in and going out. At first, I loved that almost anyone got a hook on me. These women adored me. I knew I would become a catcher. But with time I changed and I longed to become a keeper, too.
And I become one today. This lady was wearing a sparkling silvery band of metal on one of her left fingers. She lifted me up and smelled the blue and I knew she was mine and I was hers. And finally, I’m out of the shop. I’m with her. Forever.
Finally I’m out of the shop. I love to see the world!
I was made made by a machine; I am not unique – yet anyone who looks at me likes me. The soft touch. The craftsmanship. I like to be beautiful. I am often called a beauty.
I was packed alone in a neat cardboard box. That was dark. Back in the factory, there were rumors about our destinations. Some said they’d go into a large shop, some’d have preferred a small, personal shop. For me, it was indifferent.
I was tried on a few times. I never knew how would it feel - that I would feel the smell of skin, the warmth, the tingling of veins, the small adjustments of muscle tone. Balance and imbalance. I was being walked in. I covered the distance: I carried a woman from one mirror to another, yet she was carrying me, too. It was the embrace of bodies.
Ladies kept coming in and going out. At first, I loved that almost anyone got a hook on me. These women adored me. I knew I would become a catcher. But with time I changed and I longed to become a keeper, too.
And I become one today. This lady was wearing a sparkling silvery band of metal on one of her left fingers. She lifted me up and smelled the blue and I knew she was mine and I was hers. And finally, I’m out of the shop. I’m with her. Forever.
********
The story ends here - but I won't let you go away without some music. The great KDLang's doing a country song written by Bruce Cockburn.
3 megjegyzés:
Big fan of kd Lang over here.
Neat little story there. I like it.
Hello Beth,
she's got such a powerful voice and range of tones...almost everytime I am left amazed by the simplicity she does all those really hard songs...
Strugglingwriter,
thank you so much! If you would also wish to take part, just follow the link. I never thought I could write anything about a shoe. And there you have it at the end.
Megjegyzés küldése