augusztus 27, 2007

Man, trapped in brick


he went for a twilight walk
under the orange moon
swaying delicately over the sky
with no clouds of whatever
reason can not tell how long has this plate
been watching the man as he was walking the dunes
up and down up and down
his feet got sandprickles between the toes
so he took off his sandals
and left in among the rounded shore hills
while keeping his chin up and watching up above
to the Moon, freshly full and triumphant
on the dark blue ceiling
here and there scattered with small lanterns
the stars hummed
the water splashed in his ear
as he was walking the trail of his heart
following the orbit that lead him to a house on the cliffs
his hands toouched rock his fingers claw
marks into the wall of his life
caught his body, his head
he lowered, comtemplated the outside
of which he no loonger was part of

he was within,
trapped
squeezed

out his breath
came out no more
to the breeze of the winds
coming down from the shore
carrying away the fear of motionless moments

he breathed in life
the heart stopped for long

m o t i o n l e s s

m o m e n t s

the water reached the shore and circled around a brick
he breathed out
the eyes were closing into themselves

s i l e n t l y





6 megjegyzés:

Névtelen írta...

Lots of potent and vivid descriptions. Thanks for the walk and breath of air.

SzélsőFa írta...

I'm glad you liked it. I was just taking photographs of a house and in its garden when I saw him trapped and squeezed within. That, and the full moon on the way home began making me writing this.
Interestingly, my own breath was held back, and I was almost at a meditation level during writing it.
I'm not saying it's one of my best poems, I'm not saying it's a good poem at all, but writing it was a real experience and an exciting one at that.
I like and live for such experiences.
Well of course I have other experiences, but these would be thoroughly missed if I did not have any...

Uff.

Beth írta...

Szelsofa, is it rude in Hungary to ask how old someone is? You think so much of life, I feel like you can't be young, but you seem to love it more than older folks. Does this make sense?

SzélsőFa írta...

Yes, it is considered rude to 'attack' someone with a question regarding his/her age. But you can always say something like this to a seemingly young person: 'You speak/think wiser than most of your contemporaries', OR, to an older person 'Wow, how fresh and fit you look'.
It must be the craze over being younger, supplied by the media.

And although it is rude to ask in real life, I think many things are different here in the blogosphere. Here for example, you migh ttry to look at my age in my profile, heehee :)))

Well, no secret's here: I am turning 38 this December, but honestly, some of my same-age fellows look definitely older than I do.

At the same time I always felt older than most of my class mates in school...

And yes, if you mean that old people tend to be weary and tired and show no interest of life's offerings - I'm not one of those. Even if I'm not THAT old.
I'm planning to live up well into my 90's. And die suddenly throughout a nite's sleep.

Beth írta...

Thank you for answering the question. I'm 36, 37 in October. I just knew you were older, but didn't know how to say it. I find wisdom in woman out of their twenties, like you, so knew it had to be the case.

Ello - Ellen Oh írta...

Oh Sze! This is fabulous! Thanks for telling me how to figure out the Cimkek! I love this poem. Simply beautiful. You need to get this published!