augusztus 15, 2007

Take a really close look #4

Hello everyone,
this is the fourth quiz in the series. I hope to present you with a more difficult question.

The third round of the what's-this-game was really, really easy.

There were 4 guesses, namely (in no particular order) by Em, Melly, Beth (who won the second game) and Wordnerd (thanks for dropping by!).

Everyone guessed it correctly, although Em (who won the first game) insisted on guessing for 'leaf' as well. I value his courage, but this time, it was simply a feather.
So, the winner is.... MELLY, who got the right answer FIRST. Thanks Melly, for taking part in this little game. And congratulations!!!
BTW, I do hope you all enjoy this. (Cause I do.)

And the 4th starts off right now : what is this?

I made this photo on 3 August, 2007.

UPDATE: if you wish to take a look at, or contribute to a very interesting debate on world culture, potential solutions, hate vs. love - don't miss Jason's latest post.

13 megjegyzés:

Névtelen írta...

Oh boy, that's a tough one. It looks like a mineral. Fool's gold, perhaps? I forget the technical name for it.

Thanks for the mention. :)

SzélsőFa írta...

I did not know what a fool's gold was but here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrite
I found it. Now I can check if this fits reality or not.
Thanks for taking part.

As for mentioning the discussion by the campfire? It is my pleasure to spread the word. A friendly talk about the future of mankind...? What better place to suggest?
(Well, a free icecream buffet perhaps... just kidding!!!)

Melly` írta...

A rock with some lichen on it? I couldnt get technical if I tried!

SzélsőFa írta...

Nice guess Melly, thanks for playing again!

Hoodie írta...

I'm going to have to go with petrified graham cracker.

Sorry I haven't commented til now on your blog. I appreciate your frequent appearances on mine.

Oh, and since I'm too lazy to leave another comment on a separate post, I will tell you that I am often surprised at the winners of Jason's contests because they often stray from my faves, but usually when I reread them I can see the strength in them. I respect Jason's opinions immensely.

SzélsőFa írta...

Hoodie,
thanks for making it up for the lost comments :) it kind of sounds funny, but who cares? You did comment and that's what matters.

First of all, thanks for the guess.

On the competition: I also value Jason's opinion. I know he places skill and writing abilities in front of the story.
I wrote a medium-sized post or two about my shock, then I was calmed down.

iLL Man írta...

Now, that's a tough one. It looks like it's a piece of masonry or broken up sandstone. It also looks like it's got little fossilised bits on it......

SzélsőFa írta...

Nice guess here, too! Thanks Illman!

Beth írta...

I definitely think it's bark, wood bark, but I don't know. It's a tough one. Tough but good. Can't wait to find out!

SzélsőFa írta...
Ezt a megjegyzést eltávolította a szerző.
SzélsőFa írta...

Thanks for the suggestion and for playing along. I hope you did not mind asking you to participate - I was unsure whether I was being pushy/rude/impolite...or not?

Right now we are working at the house at the full of our strength, results and new game will come later on.

Bobealia... írta...

I think it's some kind of broken rock or cement with something growing on it like a bit of moss or lichen or something.

SzélsőFa írta...

Thanks for the nice guess Bobealia,

the winner's announcement and the next round will be coming soon.