We have a winner, Em, who guessed that it was a jawbone. Thanks for all who competed and congratulations for Em for guessing it right.
And here's the proof. It's a head we found in the nearby forest. It was a no-brainer to take it home. Update: it is a head of a female deer.
And... here's the SECOND QUIZ in this series.
And... here's the SECOND QUIZ in this series.The question again, is: What do you see?
16 megjegyzés:
Wow, I'm stunned! I can't believe I won! Thank you, thank you! :)
Now, if that head was found nearby, what is it a head of?!?! And are there more of them living nearby? Cause that head is big!!!
The new photo? Now I'm really lost. My brain can only come up with a super macro, up close photo of a sponge.
Hello Em,
I'm gald you came here to take the prize: my congratulations. At the moment I can't offer more :), but maybe, some time later, I'll think of some other virtual reward to offer for the 'contestants'.
This thing used to be the head of a cow.
Re: New photo:
thanks for the entry.
Not a cow!
See the update in the post: a female deer.
Hello, I'm here to explain the two lists on my "Unconcious Mutterings" posts. I was behind a week so I put up this weeks and last weeks lists.
Thank you for coming by and commenting.
What is your nationality? Where do you live now? Is "szelsofa" your name? I don't know how to do the accent and the thing above the "o" on my computer. Sorry.
That looks like a sponge to me.
Shoeaddict,
thanks for the explanation. Now I understand.
To answer your questions:
I am a Hungarian, living in Hungary.
SzélsőFa is a given name given by myself as a definition of what I am and how I see myself. The concept is inspired by the book Mutant Message Down Under.
Here's how to say it:
Sz - as 's' in Sun
é - as 'a' in hay
l - as an English l
s- as 'sh' in hush
ő - az 'i' in bird
f - as an English f
a - as 'u' in Sun
it means 'the tree that stands at the edge of the forest'.
My real name is something else I do not wish to reveal, for noone I know in the real world knows about this blog of mine - and I wish to keep things this way. I might change my mind about this anonimity some time later, but now, it's better this way.
Jason,
thank you very much for the entry. I think I'll wait for like 1 or 2 more entries OR 1 or a maximum of 2 days. I don't want to keep my faithful readers and visitors waiting for long.
Michele sent me, and I enjoyed reading the explanation of how to say your name. I think your picture is the surface of a sponge.
Hello, Michele sent me!
And for what it's worth, I think it's a sponge, too. But just for variety's sake, I'll suggest something different. I't's a cookie! Or a piece of bread. :)
Glad to all those nice fellow bloggers coming via Michele's site.
Kenju,
I'm glad I've made the pronounciation enjoyable. Thanks for the entry. For results, check back on Monday, 23 July. Some of you'll be surprised.
To Hails,
thanks for guessing. A bread or a cookie? Why not? It does look one...
See if you were right on Monday.
ysabel is homeschooling which is why I get to teacher other things like blogging and creative writing and she did have a summer vacation we just started homeschooling early so that we could get in all the required time.
It's scrambled eggs, close up :)
basil cornbread?
I like this game.
A porous rock? I'm home now. =)
Anniina,
what a nice suggestion! Thanks!
Bo,
thanks for taking part, great guess!
Beth,
thanks for participation!
You'll see the winner soon.
My husband guesses ripped foam.
I am more than impressed by my readers' fantasy. You are great! Thanks.
Megjegyzés küldése