július 30, 2007

Occupied

Dear all, sorry for the lack of real updates.
Two reasons, in order of significance.

1. The writing contest.
It is much more interesting that I thought it could ever be. Well, I thought it would be inspiring and entertaining, but now I get to read every entry, try to comment on each. It is a challenge also. Pieces submitted by writers and aspiring amateurs, really talented ones included, are usually interesting and amazing. Some of them ring a chord inside me, some of them have such a strong imagination that seizes the reader immediately... Reading some of them makes me feel that the writer has a larger story, a whole complex behind... I have my favourites, but the contest is still open, and there more entries are added every day.
My entry is called Halo.
As I mentioned in the previous post, the photo and the suggested title (Halo) inspired me to write a second entry - which is NOT submitted. But is available to read in this blog. The title is 'When the Season Ends'. All constructive comments, good or bad are welcomed. Please make note as to which entry you refer.
2. The house project.
We are working on the renovation of our house, as I mentioned here. I give a special protective treatment to the wood we use, my husband does the jobs that require brains and/or physical strength. He has the project in his head and I figured out I'd better not to intervene. I just follow the directions and help him decide sometimes. Usually in questions like 'how wide would you like the porch' and so on.
Anyway, I would like to announce that the take a really close look quiz will return in the coming days, after the contest is closed, which is 1 August.

Nincsenek megjegyzések: