szeptember 06, 2007

Take a really close look # 5

Welcome all -
I'm going to shed some light on question #4, which proved to be perhaps, the most difficult one in this mini-series. Take a look back at the original photo, if you wish...
There were 6 entries, 6 guesses.

Early suggestions said it was some sort of a rock formation.... Not a bad guess, it does look like one.

Fossilised and/or petrified was also among the ideas. Very clever notes, I think. The photo does resemble that.

Many of you have mentioned the words 'lichen', 'moss', which was rightly so.
And yet, only one of you made it.

We have a hesitant winner, who said the right answer 'definitely', only to withdraw a few words later to an 'I don't know'.

She also called it a tough one.
I'm glad it was a tough one.
She said it was a tree bark, and it really was. The cover of our walnut tree in our garden.
And the winner is...

BETH, again, for she won the second contest as well.
Introducing the walnut tree.

One has sometimes to take a closer look, bend his back, step off of his imaginary estrade and get comfortable with the mundane.. For one has to perceive order beyond ordinary and within simplicity, complexity ...

And here's time for the fifth, easy round.

What's this?

10 megjegyzés:

The Quoibler írta...

Hmmm... the top of a gourd or squash, perhaps?

Angelique

Névtelen írta...

Wow, tree bark! You really had me on that one. It's amazing how parts of it seems to reflect the light.

I'll have to think about this picture a bit.

Beth írta...

Wow, I was hesitant. :::bowing::: I love being right when I don't think I'm right. Ha!

I am going with gourd as well for this, but wow, this is definitely the toughest one yet ... for me.

I almost want to say something completely different.

Hoodie írta...

You've heard the expression "colder than a witches tit?"

Could this be it?

*Apologies for the lewdness*

SzélsőFa írta...

Angelique,
thank you for playing along!You'll just see the solution in a few days/weeks time.

Jason,
that's why I chose that particular photo. I just love it and made other shots of the very same tree - I hope we'll all be amazed by the details.

Beth,
you're constantly hesitant, aren't you?
thank you for the guess!

Hoodie,
lewdness accepted.
No I have not heard of this phrase, wait, I've googled it. To my horror, this is what I found: http://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_board/12/messages/583.html

Apart from that, I see now the meaning. Well, perhaps. You'll see the right answer before very long.

Thank you for taking part in this game!

mr. schprock írta...

Aw, no fair! Beth is too smart!

Okay, I am going to guess this is the much-anticipated fifth cranial node an adolescent Venutian male develops just prior to becoming a tertiary stage thrak. What gives it away are the tiny hairs growing out of the node's vespore, a sure sign of Venutian maturation. Females never grow a fifth node, often resulting in classic "node envy."

SzélsőFa írta...

Excellent guess and intelligent reasoning, Mr Schprock here.
Thank you.

Névtelen írta...

Fun game :) I really haven't got a clue what number 5 could be, though. It looks like it could be part of some sort of plant or fruit, but i couldn't guess a species.

Em írta...

Wow...another tough one. I was gonna say the top of a gourd..but I think not. I think it is more like a dried flower...I don't know the name but they are yellow with big black centers when they bloom.

SzélsőFa írta...

Soph,

thanks for playing anyway. Sometimes one just can't say an exact guess.

Hi Em,

nice to have you here again!
I think I know the flower you referred to, and it is a nice guess.
Thank you for playing!