szeptember 18, 2007

Take a really close look #6

allright, time's up.
I said here that since there had been no correct answers to QUIZ#5, I would be waiting for another day. I asked you to revise your stand and come up with another guess for the mysterious photo #5. The day's gone.

Only one person has changed her mind and took a second guess. Mind you, she said something in the first place then ADDED quote I almost want to say something completely different quote ends. Funny, isn't she?
Well, second guesses are sometimes better than first ones.

In the fifth run of the quiz series, there were 8 guesses from 7 people, and only one was correct. The Hesitant One.

Incorrect guesses this time, were somehow within a limited range of imaginery - gourd/squash/flower.
I especially liked the approach presented by Hoodie who said it was colder than the witches' tit.
And if there was a special honor to the most fantastic explanation that would surely go to Mr. Schprock, who took the quiz into a whole new level by adding a little story about Venutians.
Okay.
The winner is Beth (again), who, in her second guess said the right answer: mushroom.
She also said this was the toughest one for her and I liked that, too.

For the original photo, check back here:
And for proof of it's being a mushroom, take a look at here below:

The photo in the contest pictured the same mushroom from above.


And now, into the sixth. What's this?


It must be the easiest one, I bet.

9 megjegyzés:

Beth írta...

Wahoooooo! I can't believe it. Isn't it silly, but I'm feeling joy over here that I took another stab at it and was right. If I weren't sitting with a laptop on my knee, I'd be doing my dance of joy. =)

I spent way too much time as a kid staring at things close up, I think. Haha. Off to look at picture number 2.

Beth írta...

Hmm, I feel like I did the first time I looked at the mushroom ... this second picture confounds me. I want to say it's the ground, but that would be too easy. Oh heck, I have to let someone else win so I'll stick with the ground, but I know it must be some object.

SzélsőFa írta...

Beth, thank you for playing!

Em írta...

Wow...definite granular sparkly things....sand? The suger on top of a muffin? Your photos tend to be of nature...so not the muffin. Okay..some sort of sand.

SzélsőFa írta...
Ezt a megjegyzést eltávolította a szerző.
SzélsőFa írta...

Sugar on top of a muffin? A tasty guess!
Going with sand, Em, thank you for joining!

Névtelen írta...

Hmm, this one looks like some sort of rock surface or maybe dirt...

Hoodie írta...

definitely a toad.

SzélsőFa írta...

Thank you Soph and Hoodie for the guesses.
The result will be published towards the end of the next week, say, about Thursday...