szeptember 25, 2007

Two haiku

update: The Haiku writing Month is this October.
Summer's gone away
and so have I, dying here
into my vision






Floating silver threads
- Upon crisp crimson carpet -
Hum about winter

13 megjegyzés:

Lucy írta...

I think Hungary has a lot of nature and you love to do someting in outdoor. There are a lot of beautiful places in Hungary. If I retire my job, I want to visit in Eastern Europe. For me Eastern or Nortern Europes are very far from Japan.(England is not far. And England is one of familiar country in Japan.) When I was young, I couldn't know Hungary.(Sorry, I just think it was difficult country.)

Recently it is troubles abut the global warming. It is very serious troubles in Japan. We must keep nature. But I am afraid of our kid's future..

SzélsőFa írta...

Lucy,

I am also worried about what's gonna happen to the Earth. Global warming is just one of the worrying signs. I am unsure about what to do...

The Quoibler írta...

Sz:

Wow! I adore the last line of the second haiku:

"Hum about winter"

So beautiful. I love the art of the haiku... you've used it to capture feelings and ideas perfectly. Bravo!

Angelique

Névtelen írta...

The first is so powerful it's hard for me to really concentrate on the second. Wonderful picture and poetry!

SzélsőFa írta...

Angelique,

thank you for your words of recognition!
With the last line 'hum about winter' I wished to create a silent scene, when winter, and all that winter implies, is coming and it's coming slowly and gradually.

Jason,

wow, I'm so glad you liked them/it.
With the first haiku, I wanted to reflect on the dead tree's potential feelings...and on what those feelings evoked within me.
But again, analysing tells much less about a poem (?) than the poem itself.

(I'm so glad that I could get a long-weekend getaway, btw.)

onlyjokinglasse írta...

Hi SzélsőFa, long time no hear/here! Beautiful Haiku. The very word haiku in some Finnish dialects means in English yearning or longing. So no wonder.

SzélsőFa írta...

Hiya, glad to see you back.
*That* is some information! Thank you!!

Ello - Ellen Oh írta...

I loved both these haikus! Excellent. They work beautifully together. I actually think they strengthen each other when read over again, back to back. Beautiful and eloquent. I'm so glad I popped by.

SzélsőFa írta...

Thank you, Ello.
I think their interrelation can be explained by the fact that they both were inspired by the season...the sense of gathering and decay...

If you wish to explore some of my other writings, you are advised to follow the labels 'the path' and/or 'writing'.
be careful, for instead of 'Labels' you'll find the Hungarian name: 'Címkék'.

Anniina írta...

Beautiful haikus! I especially like "Hum about winter."

SzélsőFa írta...

I can't believe you're here again, Anniina...!
I've been wondering where have you been...
anyhow, I'm glad you are back and that you liked my haikus.

Ello - Ellen Oh írta...

Hey again, I wanted to look at your other writings but can't find the labels. Are they on this site or your other one?

SzélsőFa írta...

Hey, Ello,
they are called Címkék and are below every single post :)

If you check carefully, every one of my post finishes with Címkék (in gray), followed by a : and then there are the tags in bold ang green.
This post for example has tags: 'haiku' and 'the path'. See?

Under Címkék, there's 'SzélsőFa mondta ezt ekkor' and a date, and 'your opinion matters'.

Hm?
Was it of any help?