.jpg)
I have been around these days, only to find that there's nothing to write about. I am so out of thoughts and even, feelings. It scares me, or rather, it would scare me, if I had feelings.
I know it will pass and I find no particular reason to support my state of this...uhm...intellectual nirvana, well, other than the state of our house during this renovation/recontruction process, plus the beginning of another school year, plus the missing of my husband, who's away for a week to Italy. He's attending a conference and is about to see as much of Italy's landscape as anyone in the next cubicle in an office. Or almost. He called me yesterday evening to tell me that finally, he was able to take a look at the hills, from the outside of the conference building.
Up in the front there's this photo of a puffball mushroom we usually find in our forests, it's called Lycoperdon perlatum in Latin.
Wel, I would like to get your opinion, your solutions:
What do you do when you just have no words around to lean on? When nothing really seems to make you move?
Persons suggesting drugs and faraway places will be banned. Okay, just kidding here, but those would not work for me. I don't take drugs (those pills you know) and faraway places...well, if you had a chance to take a look at my bank account, you'd understand.
Last evening for example, me and my kids went hunting for horse chestnuts. It was a fun walk - or it surely would have been, had to the kids NOT teased each other constantly. The older one was teasing - the younger one was screaming. Also, said younger kid kept falling off her bicycle. Do you consider that inspiring? Dou you think I should go for another walk with those lovely kids again?
So, like...reading an interesting nonfiction book?
Watching some dvd?
Right now, I have started watching 'The Grapes of Wrath' with Henry Fonda, online.
So?
What are your soul-lutions? (typo intended)
Here's some music as well. It's from 1968. This was one of the band's first hits. 'Amikor én még kissrác voltam' means 'When I was a kid'. Basically the song is about what/how he felt as a kid. His life was different, there were open parks with flowers - yet he was afraid of bad-faced people who might have taken him away... He was not allowed to laugh when he was about to cry, to lie honestly... The chorus describes that when he was a young boy, he used to adore adults, watched their activities, used to believe that they were happy and that when he would become an adult, he would feel quite allright, too.
6 megjegyzés:
Hmm, I don't know. I'm not sure if I've experienced exactly what you are talking about, but if I were I suppose I'd turn to something that was my "favorite", meaning I would listen to a favorite song or watch a favorite move, preferably from my childhood. That would surely get my juices going.
Well I don't think I was clear enough.
Your suggestionm though is great. Actually this is about what I'm doing. Listening to my fav. music, watching my fav. blogs, and so on.
I think I should be moving on with this post.
The 6th part of the What's this competition is on its way sooooon.
Bye,
i know EXACTLY that of which you whine. been there myself this past 2 weeks too.
i have an idea... do a joint art project with your kids. make a big mural or set of pictures together, using mixed media.
design or copy one basic picture, devide into 3 parts and go away and do your bits. you can look in books or online or even at the forest during another walk together looking for a subject.
then you'll get cooperation together and time away from each other when you need it.
any use?
your idea, Keda, also sounds great. I know that an activity can set me free of the grips of the onrush of depression - trouble is that the first step is the most difficult to make. When all you want is sleep and/or run away and/or just do plain nothing, doing ANYthing seems so far away. You know that that would be the solution, and that makes it even harder.
You know what should you be doing but are unable to...
Thanks, Keda again. I will report on what we have done.
Something is missing in your life. Maybe you already know what it is.
Whatever it may be, perhaps all of the work in your life lately has prevented you and your husband from having the energy to achieve it. If so, perhaps indulging yourselves a little might help. Stop and take a breath and reorient.
Thank you Jason, for the insight and warm advice.
I am disoriented at the moment...
Megjegyzés küldése