június 11, 2008

Guess The Movie - #2


This is the second round in the series. You can still go back and cast your guess(es) for the first part HERE.

NEW RULES



The rules have changed. Due to the peculiar habit of some of my honest readers who, having a similar approach to temptation as the late and nonetheless brilliant Oscar Wilde, check the hints before even guessing, no hints will be published here.


Also, do NOT cast your entries (guesses) in he comments section.


Instead, drop me a mail at toth[dot]f[at]invitel[dot]hu either to send me your guess(es) OR request for a hint.


All other rules, including the collection of award points remained the same as described HERE.





-------------

So here goes the second installment:

-------------


I am here and also I am somewhere else. I’m floating in some sort of dream. A dream to find her. This subtle drive has been gaining more and more strength during the past hour within me. How come I have this feeling that I might find her, might see her again?
I find it crazy that our dreams do not change over the years.
Will I notice her, after all? Will all my fantasies about finding her in her hometown come true? Does she still live here, after all? Nine years have passed. Does she remember me at all?

The reading is almost over. I’d like to keep it as long as possible and some more. I’d like to meet her. To get a glimpse of her shoulders. To catch a smell of her hair. Man, I’m going mad. It is really heard to focus on those questions. Autobiographical? I don’t think I could even spell that word. Of course my life is autobiographical. She is my life. Oh my.
What we see of the world is just a peek we have through our tiny keyholes, that’s all we have. And when it comes to a person, it’s just the sum of the moments and emotions of his life.
Where is she? Am I talking articulate? Do they comprehend? Where is she? When I look at my own life I see that I’ve never been much of my life around guns and violence, you know, not really, no political intrigue, or a helicopter crash, right?
I see my agent’s friendly smile and reassuring nod. It surely means I’m making sense, after all. Where is she? I don’t have much time before I leave this town, for God’s sake.
But my life’s been full of drama you know… Oh yes, I’ve had some of those. And the next one’s right around the corner if I have to leave Europe again without having seen my little Frenchie.

------

And two more photos of the puszta:






18 megjegyzés:

Chris Eldin írta...

How can anyone properly guess without a little bit of cheating?
:-(


I havent seen this movie either, but it seems very intense and very interesting!!

:-)

SzélsőFa írta...

Chris, I am more than willing to give you a hint, or two.

Ello - Ellen Oh írta...

I suck at this. I keep thinking it sounds so familiar but I have no guesses whatsoever. Please put the hints back!

Névtelen írta...

I have no idea.

SzélsőFa írta...

I'm sending you hints, you both. (Ello and Ropi)

Névtelen írta...

May I get it again? I think I deleted it as a Spam.

Vesper írta...

Hints, please, Szélsőfa! Like for Ello, it seems familiar, but I can't pinpoint it. :-(

chickwithaquill@gmail.com

I'm very disappointed with me - I used to know everything about all movies... :-)

Beth írta...

Nope, not one guess here either. I wanted to just say I love you posting pics.

SzélsőFa írta...

Ropi and Vesper,

I've sent you the first hint. I hope re-reading my writing, looking for small clues as to the location and characters PLUS the hint will help you.
Googling does not exclude anyone from playing along!

Beth,

I am so sorry.
I'm sure you liked this film, btw. It's something you would not miss.

Ello - Ellen Oh írta...

I am wondering if maybe I never saw this movie. You know, I have never actually seen Casablanca, so it is quite possible that there are lots of great movies that I am not going to get. But I enjoyed reading this and I am waiting patiently for someone to guess because I'd like to know what the movie is. It sounds quite interesting!

SzélsőFa írta...

Ello, thank you for coming back - and you are absolutely right: there are so many good movies out there!!

Aine írta...

I, too, am eager to hear what movie this is. It sounds familiar, but I can't quite figure it out... I probably haven't seen it and am just imagining that it sounds familiar.

Sadly, Jason and I have not watched many movies since becoming parents (other than the Disney classics-- use those for a contest and we'll win hands down...)
;)

SzélsőFa írta...

Thanks Aine.
I've already sent you the hint yesterday, and I'll be sending the second hint very soon I assume...

Aine írta...

No need to send a second...
:)

SzélsőFa írta...

Wow, then please send your guess to my eamil address, will ya, please?

Névtelen írta...

I still have no idea.

Bart Treuren írta...

i like these challenges of yours and follow them but don't have any idea of what the movies might be so i'll be content just to sit at the sidelines and follow everybody elses efforts ;-)

keep well...

SzélsőFa írta...

Ropi,

I think I' ve sent you out the second hint. I'm sorry it turned out to be difficult.

Bart,

I hope you are all right....