június 03, 2008

patience, please

My computer needed some repair and I'm typing this text on the office computer of my husband. It means that I can not install the next part of the Guess the Movie series.
Also I can not upload any of the great photos I made during our weekend - see also the post below.
-
The Guess the Movie will continue as soon as things are smoothed out: it can be as early as tomorrow, or it may take a few days.
I was wondering why there were not so many guesses, though. Three honest players disqualified themselves by looking at the hints and other people's comments, on player was unable to find the hints...
I'm thinking of not giving out any hints, OR handing out hints on REQUEST ONLY.
What do you think about the idea?
Time is up, I'm going, bye!

5 megjegyzés:

Bart Treuren írta...

good luck with the repair thing, the joys of technology eh :P

good idea about the hints b.t.w... i'll try to get an entry in as soon as i've sorted myself out here :P

keep well...

Beth írta...

I didn't partake in the Guess the Movie theme. This is a crazy time of year here (end of school madness). I think it's a good theme though.

Hope your computer issues are fixed soon.

SzélsőFa írta...

Bart and Beth,

thank you for your kind wishes!
I'll be back soon.

Vesper írta...

You could probably keep the hints the way they are - I don't think anybody will want to cheat. What's the point? Where's the fun? :-)

But I suggest you ask for the answers by e-mail. Even if one doesn't intend to cheat, it's hard not to notice what others wrote when scrolling down the comments window.

It might be a good idea to start over... :-)

SzélsőFa írta...

Vesper, people do want to cheat. Even if they admit it honestly, they do :-o