Foreword: This ruined gate used to serve as an entrance to a village manor of some Hungarian nobleman. His name turned unimportant, the house is abandoned and in bad condition and there are guardsmen behind the fences.
The stone-gate is still there.
There is a beautiful carving at the top of the armor of Hungary.
The gate witnessed the coming and going of horses, oxen, carts and countryfolk. All but memories, faint whispers now.
The gate is still a witness, a keeper of time.
I saw it on the June 14.
It spoke to me - hear the words I captured this very day, on 25 June.
.jpg)
Have you seen the face
Of mold
Tissues disappearing beneath
Every breath than comes along
Takes you deeper within
To let you out
Into
Where I used to be
Where there is but a door
An aged wooden surface you touch
With naked fingers
To hurt the skin
And soothe the soul
Butterflies stupefied
Ramble in the mist
Hissing of puffs
And they blunder how feeble
Their wings are
Ever wondered….?
Take the mirror
And take it now.
8 megjegyzés:
The notion of getting out into order to get deeper within...I liked that. It rang very true.
Thank you Jason, but this was one of those times when I just wrote what I had in my head...
It's one of those 'poems' one writes only to come back later on to find onself amused by the poem's content, flow, and word selection...
Nice photo, I have no idea whom land it was.
Ah, the hands of Time... so cruel.. so soothing...
I love the poem and the photo.
Great photo and great poem.
I can't say much more than great because I find myself too dumb to "get" most poetry.
E. Ropi, Vesper and Paul,
thank you.
Re: being dumb to understand poetry:
if a poem evokes a feeling inside, or makes you recall a scent, a photographis image, an emotion, anything it means that it talked to you.
You do not have to get what the writer felt when s/he wrote the poem. Its what the poem means to you that counts.
You are a sensitive and sensible man, Paul. If a poem does not make you think or daydream or feel sorrow or joy, that that particular poem was not meant for you.
You must turn to other poems.
Some poems are meant for you, some are not. It is the same for every reader.
Hello! You wrote poems in English.
I think it is great. I can't write poems in English, also in Japanese.
Your county comes summer season too.
Japan is hot and humid.
There's summer in Hungary, too.
It's between 25-35 degrees Centigrade. Not it's milder, it's only about 25.
Last year it was in the 40s!!!
Megjegyzés küldése