április 14, 2008

For a Free Tibet


This post is to raise awareness about the events than are going on (present tense of verb used on purpose) in Tibet.

I'm joining the voice that reached Bart and Miladysa and I assume, many others.

This is my simple contribution - a YouTube video about the Hungarian demonstration that took place on Budapest on March 20. I did not take part with my body -

The video shows how the demonstration goes from streets to streets to reach a large square where the speaker addresses the crowd in Hungarian. It ends with the words that 'I wish that there should be peace all over the world and we can all do a prayer to that end. Let there be peace everywhere in the world.' The last part is a prayer sung/told in Tibetian.

Amen to those.

10 megjegyzés:

Chris Eldin írta...

Hi Szelsofa,
This is totally off-topic, but I saw this post and thought of you!
:-) Too cute!!!

http://oneacrewood.blogspot.com/

Bart Treuren írta...

thank you for this post my dear... the issue is one of importance for me and although i bear no malice toward the chinese people and their government, they should realise that tibet is the home to a unique culture and a unique people, and should be respected as such...

the events of the last 50 years and the ongoing conflict are disturbing, my hope is that all well-meaning people across the world join in with their voices, their hands and their feet to protest the way tibet is being trampled underfoot...

keep well...

SzélsőFa írta...

Christine,
I've checked out that site. Those chicken are adorable, I agree!

Bart,
There are far too many countries and/or governments who do not realize that another country has its own right to live according to its standards, cultural or otherwise - as long as it does not threatens peace in general.
People always seem to find a reason to intervene and attack another (country or people).
I have a friend from Mongolia, hence is part of my sympathy towards Tibet...

Névtelen írta...

Well, I continue my habit and stay out of political stuff and now I have one more reason. I have a Chinese classmate who is my friend so I am not looking for tensions. It sounds coward but I am not going to argue with him about that because Tibet is so far away. If it comes to Hungary's independence then it is ok.

SzélsőFa írta...
Ezt a megjegyzést eltávolította a szerző.
SzélsőFa írta...

Ropi,

it is very important to distinguish between a person and a government.
I for example, do not identify with what the present Gment of Hungary is doing at the moment, I disapprove almost every step they make - but they are Hungarian and I consider myself one, too.

Your Chinese friend must be a great fellow and he's a friend of yours.
Sometimes friendships are more important than our political views.

Beth írta...

I'm so surprised with the Dalai Lama in all of this. When I grow up, I want to laugh about terrible situations as he seems to do.

SzélsőFa írta...

Do you refer to his policy of non-viloence, Beth?
It may seem very strange to a westerner to live by such standards, to believe in reacting with peace even when you are tortured.
It feels very strange to me as well, but I can see the point.

Névtelen írta...

I thought I commented, but I don't see it. What I said was that some of the images in the video were hard to see, but need to be seen nevertheless.

SzélsőFa írta...

It is the voice and the want the need to be heard, Paul.