január 31, 2008

Thank you and - In need

Dear all,
first of all, I would like to thank you for your supportive comments, suggestions and cyberhugs.
I think I will survive :)
I'm still not quite out of my deep hole, but I act as if I was.

I try various activities like walking for long hours (oh, the joys of unemployment!) and I bought a new fitness DVD - to entertain myself. This one features Merlene Ottey, winner of twenty Olympic medals, who works out with one of Hungary's most famous fitness instructor called Norbi.

Here are two pictures I made while running the program. It is called a Gladiator Fitness. More of a fun than of a hard workout, but oh my buttocks and lower arms.


Also, I'm in need of some good sleep. Like Berci, our cat who has found a suitably soft and dry hollow among fall leaves under the protection of the porch.
But, on Friday/Monday, I will be given another set of documents to be translated. Which is great on one hand, because working feels good.
What is on the other hand? - I don't think it matters much now.
I keep revisiting Halo and I feel good about that, too.
Weather permitting, there will be some acivities around the renovations of our house as well.
Have a good day and/or night, you all!
I hope you're feeling fine, too.
Whoa?
Does it mean I feel fine, too?
Oh.

Am I to deserve that? - Got it?

4 megjegyzés:

steve on the slow train írta...

Szelsofa--Of course you deserve to feel fine. You are a noble soul, and an inspiration to your readers. Maybe with your experience translating EU documents, someone will recognize you as a translator and will sign you up to translate fiction. My thoughts are with you in your struggle with depression. I've been there and know how hard it can be to get out of the hole.

SzélsőFa írta...

Steve,

thank you. I know I deserve to feel fine, but sometimes I seem to not allow myself to feel so. It is a misconception within me and there have been steps towards eliminating this. I visited a kinesiology therapist about a year ago and he helped me a lot. But I still have more to learn...and change...
Translating fiction...yummm...
Thank you for your positive thoughts!

Vesper írta...

I'm glad that you're feeling better and that you're doing things that should ultimately take you "out of your deep hole".
Those Gladiators look very funny - I'm sure you're getting a good workout though. But I have to smile thinking of one of Ropi's posts about gladiators. It seems that, despite the popular glamorous belief, they were far from the muscled men we see in the movies. Their diet, which contained mostly grains, wasn't conducive to a "fit" shape.

I love the photo of your cat - he or she is one smart feline... :-)

SzélsőFa írta...

I'm trying, Vesper, I'm trying.

Cereals are not THAT bad, though!
If they are whole-grain, they can be especially good for the body. The spelt (Triticum speltum) for example is an exceptionally good source of proteins and essential amino acids.

The cat is a neutered female.