január 24, 2008

in the maze

where is the door?
where am I?
am I to find you....or am I to find myself?
I used to have a key, but it dissolved over the times of desperation, waiting and what else not...
Around me, there's a desert I see, and the sand is filling me up.

where am I to go...?
is there any road besides those I've tread a hundred times...?
do my fears support me or do they keep me away from something I should be doing instead?
is there a road at all?
why tread any path at all?
how will I know the right?
will the pledges and resolution I made *up there* be fulfilled if I sway?
will they not if I stay in my rut?
-
is this all there is for me?

4 megjegyzés:

Névtelen írta...

It's amazing how a sense of nothingness can be crushing. So much weight in the absence of weight.

I don't have the answers, other than ultimately we will be forced not to compromise.

SzélsőFa írta...

and what is a compromise?
If we give up on our dreams - is that a compromise?
If we fail to love ourselves - is that one, too?
Some day I will laugh at the person who I am now.

Névtelen írta...

No and no. That's my point. We can try to do those things, but we will fail to be happy doing them.

Building positives works. Compromising doesn't.

SzélsőFa írta...

I see your points and I was sort of ironic.
I teased/hurt myself by telling myself that these (compromises) are exactly the things I do, did, have done and will be doing.

I know I should not be doing these, but I fail to be perfect.
I also know I have to allow myself not to be perfect...

I know I'm my greatest enemy but it should not be like this.
Sometimes I just can't be doing/feeling the right thing.

(And above all, I highly appreciate your helpful comments.)